Help

BusyBoard

SAC Anyone?

>

BBrock

SAC Anyone?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was wondering if there is anyone on their school SAC board? My Principal and I were trying to think of ways to get more parents involved in SAC. What sort of activities do you do - ours right now is very basic and we don't do too much. We only have about six or seven parents who attend the meetings - but our school PTA has MANY. Any suggestions out there, or ideas that have worked in your School Advisory Council. TIA!

BBrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Amanda_09

HOmework pass
Old 08-02-2010, 10:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Where I did my student teaching, the parents who went to the meetings earned a homework pass for their kids to use.
Amanda_09 is offline   Reply With Quote

gatorgal

I'd like to know as well...
Old 08-02-2010, 06:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Our committee is very small. I kinda like it that way. We did move our meetings from the evening to morning. We have been better since we do mornings. We at least get enough people there to make decisions. We don't do fund raising or anything else that requires a lot of help. Maybe we are okay being small.
gatorgal is offline   Reply With Quote

DixieDaisy

Sac
Old 08-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm on the SAC for both of my children's schools. The elementary school's SAC meets in the evening and has a better attendance, although is that because it is elementary? The MS meets at a time when most parents are still working. The elementary allows SAC parents first choice in teacher pick for the following year. They have also tried to offer free baby sitting, but most parents don't take advantage of it. The ES offers cookies and punch, but the MS offers a light dinner every other month.
I just think parents are busy and because not much is done at SAC, they wonder is it worth an evening a month? Do the powers that be who demand SAC really care? Our SAC funds have been cut by 70% in the last three years and every year the money comes later and later. When the P told the SAC that there may be no money to distribute soon, one of the parents asked, "Why meet?"
DixieDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote

BBrock

????
Old 08-03-2010, 03:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We meet at night also, and for the first meeting we had many parents show up - but only that first time. We have cookies and punch sometimes, but still not much involvement. I have been on SAC for 3 years now, going on four.... but I want to have more people attending - small is ok, but five parents is just ridiculous in my opinion. What do you guys do during the meetings? Talk about the budget, SIP, and what else?? We have not done fundraisers through SAC either - does anyone?? I have tried to look up things about other school's SAC meetings, but could not find any info.

BBrock is offline   Reply With Quote