Help

BusyBoard

Have you been able to get into school?

>

LQTeach

Have you been able to get into school?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our students begin school at the end of the month, but my principal doesn't want us on campus for another week and a half! I like to have my key early, but this year it looks as though I'll be getting a later than usual start.

Are you allowed to keep your classroom keys or how many weeks before school begins are you allowed to get set up?

LQTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

michkay

We get to keep
Old 08-02-2010, 01:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

our keys and entry cards. We also start the end of the month. They are ok with us starting back after August 1st. I need to get busy. I have everything ready here at home just have to lug it all to school. I am ready to go back!
michkay is offline   Reply With Quote

KTeach_IN

Old 08-02-2010, 01:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We can get into the building anytime throughout the summer. The rooms are usually cleaned by mid July. We start school Aug 10th.
KTeach_IN is offline   Reply With Quote

h0kie

We keep our keys
Old 08-02-2010, 01:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have keys and go in as needed (feed the fish, feed the turtles). I've been in and out all summer. Between DH and I, we have keys to just about every building on campus.

For the first time, they brought a new cleaning crew in and had all the floors waxed in a week. A WEEK!! Last year it was the wee before school and they were trashing my room to do the floors. Ohhhhh I was livid.

Last year was my first year at my school and it was strange not having a checkout list and a summer storage job. No taking my list to various people to initial that I've done my inventory or completed my cumulative records. I basically just left stuff where it was (straightened up, of course).

It was weird going in and not having tons of boxes to unpack from the summer.
h0kie is offline   Reply With Quote

divaB

Unfortunately
Old 08-02-2010, 01:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

yes we are able to get into the school and class rooms, but teachers are required to turn in thier closet door keys. Therefore anything, locked away must wait until teacher are officially required to return. I sometimes appreciate the adminstration for kicking teachers out because we need to relish our summer vacation. I'm usually one of the early teachers that return early, but this year I'm slow moving.

divaB is offline   Reply With Quote

platypus

We get to keep our keys...
Old 08-02-2010, 02:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I've been in a few times to drop stuff off just to get it out of the house. My darling niece got to help me carry in a bookcase I bought for my classroom. It was 70 pounds. She has band practice next week so I figure I will work in my classroom after I drop her off.
platypus is offline   Reply With Quote

mimi6

Keys
Old 08-02-2010, 02:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

We get to keep our keys but due to construction we can't get back in early this year
mimi6 is offline   Reply With Quote

LoriVincent

YES and NO
Old 08-02-2010, 02:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

YES- Administration encourages that we work in our rooms
NO-I lost my key, the replacement is on its way, and it is tough to get someone to unlock my butler building door
LoriVincent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tisa

Keys/Set Up
Old 08-02-2010, 02:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

We get to keep our keys, and we can go in whenever we want. A bunch of us go in every other Friday during the summer in the mornings, and then we go to lunch. It's a good way to keep up with school things and catch up. Our custodians work during the day in the summer, and they don't have a problem with us being in our rooms even if they are working in them. The more I hear about others not being able to go in, the more I appreciate the option of going in whenever I want.
Tisa is offline   Reply With Quote

mizzreadalot

Old 08-02-2010, 02:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Our students start Aug 23 and staff development begins Aug 11. Today was the first day we could get in our rooms. I went in today and worked about 6 hours. I am going back tomorrow. Non-teachers don't understand how long setting up a room takes.

mizzreadalot is offline   Reply With Quote

sohappy

Old 08-02-2010, 03:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

We can go in anytime because we get to keep our keys. I went in today (we start on Aug. 16th) and to my surprise at around 10:00 the A.C. came on!! It was only on in my wing. I feel super appreciative and lucky. Let's hope it's still on tomorrow and this following week!
sohappy is offline   Reply With Quote

ladybug12

Old 08-02-2010, 03:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

We can keep our keys. We don't start school until the beginning of September, but I'm trying to get most of my room done this week before I go away for vacation. It's ok for us to come in, as long as our floors are finished.
ladybug12 is offline   Reply With Quote

doolnut

Room
Old 08-02-2010, 04:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Today was the first day I got to see my room after leaving it a couple of months ago. I am glad that I was able to get a few things finished today.
doolnut is offline   Reply With Quote

justaddcoffee

We keep our keys
Old 08-02-2010, 06:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I'm very blessed to work in a super small district where we get keys to the building, office, and our room in addition to the alarm code (thus the office key.) We have anytime access, it's really nice.
justaddcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote

LQTeach

Amazing that most keep their keys
Old 08-02-2010, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I'm truly stunned on how many teachers get to keep their keys. I wish my school would let me keep my keys. I would be finished moving classrooms by now if they had let me keep my keys. I will have to ask the principal why we don't get to keep our keys. I don't quite understand the reasoning.

: confused:
LQTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

hot4teachr

Old 08-03-2010, 07:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

I have keys and my entry card, but we are still not permitted in until Aug 16 this year. We officially start back Sept 1.(Kids come Sept 2)...Its tyipcally 2 wks before that we get the green light to come in.
hot4teachr is offline   Reply With Quote

Reader

Old 08-03-2010, 09:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

I have keys and entry card. The custodian said yesterday, he won't have my room ready for 2 weeks and then he needs to wax the hall floor. School starts August 30.
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote

DragonLady09

turn them in
Old 08-03-2010, 02:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

We are supposed to turn in our key card and room key at the end of the year but with special permission, you can keep them. I don't usually use them during the summer. The custodians are there M-Th every day so I can go in the building then. Our rooms are left open so anyone that needs to work on something can get in. I'm a little uncomfortable with that but what can you do? We're having carpet laid in 2 of the pods this summer...mine is one of them. The carpet was done today but the baseboards won't be in the district until next week so nothing can be put into place. We have 2 new first-year teachers who can't get into their rooms yet and their inservice starts next week on Wed. The rest of us will start on the following Mon, and the kids on the 23rd. Most of my stuff is in the Music room so I don't know how I'll get ready in time. I really feel for the new girls who will have 5 days before the madness begins!
DragonLady09 is offline   Reply With Quote