Third Grade

Gift for student teacher

>

jyllian24

Gift for student teacher
Old 12-07-2011, 03:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi!
Does anyone have any suggestions for a farewell present for my student teacher this year?
Thanks in advance!

jyllian24 is offline   Reply With Quote

usechalk

Old 12-07-2011, 04:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How about a gift card to their favorite coffee shop? Or, maybe your favorite professional development book? Do you want to incorporate the kids into the gift in anyway? Maybe, they could come up with suggestions of being a good teacher (should be quite humorous).
usechalk is offline   Reply With Quote

beagles2

student teacher gift
Old 12-07-2011, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm not sure how much you're wanting to spend, but I've always purchased a nice hard-cover book and had the kids autograph the inside cover with a little note from me written in it thanking her for the time she spent with us and wishing her luck. I chose books that either we'd read in class that the student teacher loved or something that I knew would work for a large number of grade levels, like The Mysteries of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg.

For my last 2, who were truly excellent, I also bought them a large bag of teacher things to be used in their first classroom: bulletin board borders, stickers, pointer, plan book, etc. . .
beagles2 is offline   Reply With Quote

MiamiEm324

Old 12-07-2011, 06:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My cooperating teacher put together a collection of gifts and they were each so meaningful!

The students wrote me an advice book for being a teacher. As mentioned above, that is always fun to read!

She painted a large flower pot with grass and a sky background and had each student paint their thumb and leave a thumbprint. The prints were turned into clouds, flowers, bees, etc. I have this in my classroom now and love to look at it and reminisce.

She also invited the families to send in teacher supplies which she then compiled into a basket. The supplies ranged from a pack of post-its to hard cover books and I appreciated each and every item! She also added several books that she had received through Scholastic to help me get my classroom library started...priceless!

Anything that he/she will be able to use in the classroom and look at to bring back memories will be really comforting that first year!
MiamiEm324 is offline   Reply With Quote

Teach4

Student Teacher Gift
Old 12-07-2011, 06:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

From me, I had the kids write their favorite memory about her and illustrate it. I put them in sheet protectors and put them in a binder. I also noticed she didn't have a nice lunch bag so I got her one.

My room parents got a hard cover book for the kids to sign. They also bought/cut fabric and had the kids work together to tie it to make one of those fleece blankets.

Teach4 is offline   Reply With Quote

kiwi29

Student teacher gift
Old 12-07-2011, 08:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I bought a canvas bag and had each student sign it with a permanent marker. You could also use fabric markers. Then I asked parents to donate school supplies or a book to fill the bag. Each student also made a card. It turned out great!
kiwi29 is offline   Reply With Quote

pen&paper

Old 12-07-2011, 08:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Your student teacher would also really like a picture of her with the class. It sounds so simple, but it's a nice memory.
pen&paper is offline   Reply With Quote

Lexis

Gift
Old 12-08-2011, 03:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

My daughter got a really neat gift that she loved when she was a student teacher. It was a canvas chair and all the students had used sharpies to sign it. She has put it in her new classroom and she loves it!
Lexis is offline   Reply With Quote

SunDevilMom

book and memory book
Old 12-08-2011, 04:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Al Yankovic wrote a book "When I Grow Up" all about what classmates aspire to be...made me cry, so touching. Gave that and, like others have said, I took a picture of the ST with the class and laminated it on cardstock paper; students all wrote letters/drew pictures and I used school spiral binding machine to put it all together. That was last year. Recently I saw this person and the first thing she mentioned is the book and memory album...she gets both out often as a reminder of her journey into this profession.
SunDevilMom is offline   Reply With Quote

jyllian24

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2011, 06:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Does anyone have a copy of the letter they send home to parents asking for supplies/donations?
Thank you for all the great ideas

Last edited by jyllian24; 12-10-2011 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: forgot something
jyllian24 is offline   Reply With Quote

bat1

Gift for Student Teacher
Old 12-11-2011, 07:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I always give Harry Wong's "The First Day of School" to my Student Teachers. It is so full of everything a beginning (or seasoned) teacher needs to know when preparing for a new school year. Thanks, Bat1
bat1 is offline   Reply With Quote