Anyone else not show until halfway through the third trimester? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

Anyone else not show until halfway through the third trimester?

>

Suspended

janeypoo

Suspended
Anyone else not show until halfway through the third trimester?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have made it to 22 weeks....and still not showing. I do feel I have a bit of a gut. My face is a little swollen, as with "the girls." I just look a little bloated, I guess. I have a friend who is due the day before me and you can tell she is pregnant. Everywhere I go I get asked " Where are you hiding that baby?!?" Or " I thought I heard you were pregnant.....????" I bought a bunch of boy baby clothes and the cashier asked" Awww, baby shower?" I said no, they were for me. She just said " oh...."

I feel like I am getting a bump and get all excited...then people say that stuff. I could have sworn someone said that you show earlier with your second?

yayteacher

I
Old 05-29-2012, 09:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Totally understand! I'm 27 weeks with my first and just barely look pregnant. I'm also plus size, which makes it even worse. I want to wear a sign that says "this is not all fat, it's a baby too." We will probably be grateful soon when it gets super hot outside though.

rubyanne

Old 05-29-2012, 09:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I gain weight all over so even though I had an extra 30 lb. on me no one who didn't know me knew I was pregnant until 30ish weeks. I hated hearing, "you don't look pregnant" to which I would think, "so I just look fat?". I tend to gain in my back instead of out front. I only had that cute bump with my second but not my first or third.

Heidi

me too
Old 05-29-2012, 10:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I was at 36 weeks before my own mother saw I was showing. Up until then, she thought I was having a "hysterical pregnancy"... one where you pretend you are pregnant because you want a child so badly.

I even went to a class reunion at 35 weeks and nobody could tell I was pregnant!

However, my second child was a whole 'nother story... I showed almost right away with him.

funkster

me too
Old 05-29-2012, 12:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I carried "inside" the little guys just pushed all my organs out of the way and cuddled up in there and never "popped" out. I know I am not delusional about this because after having my 1st. I received a few "congratulations on adopting a baby" from my next door neighbor and other friends who had seen me all through the 9 months! I was happy because I HATE attention. No one asked me anything, never once a " when are you due."

NCteacher

Old 05-29-2012, 01:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I didn't show til about my 5th month- and then just a tiny bit. I am really long in the waist and there was just a lot of room for my baby to stretch out!

BTW- I really popped out in my 8th month- definitely made up for all those months of saying I didn't look pregnant! I was like an elephant.

Tigger97

Old 05-29-2012, 02:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I was a skinny pregnant woman. I gained 50 pounds (!) but I was barely 100 pounds when I got pregnant. I didn't show until the middle of my 7th month; then I blossomed all over!

I wish I could say that I was a skinny non pregnant woman now, but that would be a lie!

rhubarb

Yes
Old 05-29-2012, 02:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I made it to almost 7 months before the tummy blossomed and then did it ever! I was all boobs for awhile- hehehe. I even managed to gain 39.5 pounds!

I remember a year later I was subbing and women were talking about having babies and bragging about how little weight they put on. I recall someone asked me what I put on with DD and when I told her she called me a big pig! I can't remember what I said to her but it was not very nice! I added that all of it was gone within 2 months. I did take delight in seeing that she KEPT a lot of the weight she put on when she had a baby!

teachnkids

Old 05-29-2012, 03:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

We are all different and carry differently with each one.

With my first I didn't show until I was about 24 weeks. I was so sick that I lost weight. With my second I was showing after 8 weeks. Both kids were the same size, so that had nothing to do with it.

My cousins are both pregnant and due a day apart. One is huge and the other had this cute little baby bump. They started out different sizes, so that makes a difference and one has little babies and the other has BIG babies.

Oh, the joy of creating a life and all being different!

letsgomets

Old 05-29-2012, 03:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I was really small when I became pregnant with my first son. I heard things through the grapevine like, "Wow, she's really let herself go!" I was pregnant but we didn't tell anyone for about three months.

With the second I did pop out right away, but carried very differently from #1. So differently we thought he was a girl. Oops.

new1stgrader

Old 05-29-2012, 03:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I'm 22 weeks, too and some days I feel like I have a good sized bump and other days I just feel flabby! I had a tummy before getting pregnant so I'm thinking that has something to do with it.

What is your due date?? Mine is September 28, ours must be really close!

Kendall

Old 05-29-2012, 06:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Thirteen years later, my friend remembers this moment. We were walking and she said, "How do you look pregnant and I don't?" I am short and she is tall. I stretched up as tall as I could and I showed her that if I were taller- I wouldn't look pregnany either. She appreciated that "visual," she "got it."

basketball777

Old 05-29-2012, 06:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I'm a thin person...the lightest patient at my doctor's office...always been naturally thin, so I didn't start noticeably showing until recently and I am 27 weeks. A couple weeks into the 6th month is when I started showing enough for people who hardly know me to notice. Even now, most people would guess that I am only 3 or 4 months pregnant, and I "don't look pregnant from behind" someone told me today! But for me, it's big, but to most people I seem smaller, since as I said I am really lightweight to begin with. Also, I do think maternity shirts will accentuate it more. My doctor did make a joke that I will not be having an 8 lb baby!..so I guess that means I will have a smaller baby?

Last edited by basketball777; 05-29-2012 at 07:21 PM..

Ima Teacher

Old 05-30-2012, 07:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

My BFF was two weeks away from delivery and one of the ladies at church overheard her tell me that she'd be glad when the baby was born . . . and the lady said, "I had no idea you were pregnant!"

My college roommate gained 11 pounds. In certain clothes, she did not look pregnant at all.