Help

Substitute Teachers

Can't believe this teacher

>

Subtastic

Can't believe this teacher
Old 12-05-2015, 07:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This teacher asks me to cover for him, saying he has an emergency. I say sure, thinking it's a family issue. Turns out this is a weekly occurrence. The teacher across the hall said he has anger management issues and this one class really pushes his buttons. So he leaves the class rather than lose control. I guess he looks for available subs, and I was right next door. I went in. I did not think they were so bad. But that couple of minutes turned into a whole period. He came back and just said thanks for covering. I did not say anything, but I will complain to the office next time.

Subtastic is offline   Reply With Quote

mooba1

Old 12-05-2015, 09:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What in the world is this person doing in a classroom??? Is the P aware the teacher is leaving the classroom?

I'm guessing it was your off period, so you could cover for the whole period. Gee, this man isn't just a trip. He's an all expenses paid vacation.
mooba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Dadd

Dadd

Old 12-05-2015, 09:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Strange! I've had a lot of interesting subbing experiences, but never one quite like that.

Several years ago, I subbed for a teacher I later learned the district was trying to fire. Right out in the open with other sub materials, available for anyone to see, was a short letter to the teacher (not in an envelope) from an administrator telling the teacher to deal with anger management issues. Very weird. The teacher was gone about a year later.

scottiestir

Old 12-05-2015, 10:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My last two years of teaching a fellow teacher asked me to cover her class the last 1/2 hour just about every Thursday and Friday. I had the luck of 6th period conference. It did not dawn on me she just could not handle her class. I felt very taken advantage of and started telling her I had parent meetings etc when she asked. She had used up all her sick days so of course it was gratis on my part. I worked very hard to teach her class the content and strategies they needed.
scottiestir is offline   Reply With Quote

Subtastic

Old 12-05-2015, 08:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I was told this guy actually left the building one time. I would be fired for even walking down the hall and leaving the class unattended.

The kids are great and want to learn. I just think the school's dysfunctional. The class I was teaching hasn't had a regular teacher in three months, and their classes have been turned into study halls. Until I showed up - and actually knew the subject. The students were so appreciative. I actually went home feeling I accomplished something, but I felt disgusted that no one in administration cares enough to find a) a replacement teacher or b) provide students with a least a textbook or some sort of online class.

Subtastic is offline   Reply With Quote

Oncidium

Old 12-05-2015, 10:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Yikes, having anger management issues and being a teacher is not a good mix.
Oncidium is offline   Reply With Quote