Help

BusyBoard

ice breakers/quick games to play on zoom

>

pinacolada

ice breakers/quick games to play on zoom
Old 06-26-2020, 06:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Any suggestions on quick games/icebreakers to play during zoom sessions which children in grades 1-3?

pinacolada is offline   Reply With Quote

Gromit

Old 06-26-2020, 06:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My 5th graders loved scavenger hunt, and I think it could work well with little ones too.

I used random.org hexademical color finder and then they got 90 seconds to gather as many items that had that as the main color. Then they got to share the items. The person with the most items was the winner.
Gromit is online now   Reply With Quote

momteach310

Old 06-27-2020, 05:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I also did a scavenger hunt with my 2nd graders and they loved it. I did things like find something green, something that rhymes with blue, something that is bigger than you shoe but smaller than you...
I also did would you rather? I googled it and there were tons of cool ideas - would you rather have binocular eyes or microscope eyes and why. I was so impressed with some of their reasoning. They really liked that too!
momteach310 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sleddog

Zoom Games
Old 06-28-2020, 04:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Here are a few we played on Zoom:

Which Would You Rather?
-would you rather be invisible or be able to fly? as an example
I would ask the questions and give each student a chance to answer at least one question.

Name 3
-Name 3 clothes you wear in winter. (as an example).
I played this with partners. I had two students unmute and together they had to name 3 items to match the description. We also played Name 5 with 3 students unmuted.

Hangman
- we used an apple tree and they had up to 10 apples to get the answer. I drew the lines and tree on a whiteboard for everyone to see. As time went on, students took over being the lead. Students would also send me a private message in Chat with a word to use. That was fun.

Act It Out (or whatever name you give it).
I sent a student a private message in Chat and that person had to act out what I gave him/her. (brushing teeth, as an example). They LOVED this especially with the private message in chat.

Some games we played over two days and I let the kids know that within the two days, they would all get a chance. Some games just took too long for everyone to get a chance to play that day.

Scavenger Hunt was, by far, the most popular. Just make sure to remind your students to return the items that they retrieved during the game!
Sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote