Help

The VENT

I already hate it

>

kahluablast

I already hate it
Old 07-31-2020, 02:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

After meeting with the P and a couple others early this week, I worked on a 1/2 day training for our 2nd day back. Just a few minutes ago I got an email from the P that they are changing the schedule and now I will do my training after another training on our last day before students-which actually changes my training drastically. I am now just going to wing it as no one is going to be interested and will want to be doing other things anyway.

Then our schedule. First we don't have guidance for what will happen in hybrid when we have recess or lunch. Like how many kids can be at recess or lunch at the same time. Can we "mix" the groups of kids or does it have to be by classroom like everything else? I suggested making the schedule so we could use the same one for hybrid and for remote as we could be popping back and forth between them. I also suggested simplifying it so families could keep up with it. For God's sake they have to remember when specials are because the schedule now has the following example of 1 class:
Kinder for example- just for specials:
Tues Google Meet at 10:45 and again at 2:20
Wed 9am
Thurs 2:25
Fri 11:10

My schedule jumps all over. One day I have a class that starts at 10:15, then next day's class starts at 10:20, the next day at 10:45- every class time except the first class in the morning starts at a different time each day. How in the heck am I going to remember this?

Small school staff woes. Too many things to work around and not enough people to do it.

I just decided. I am going to put my difficult stuff in an email to the staff. I am not rethinking my whole thing. I am not playing....

Last edited by kahluablast; 08-01-2020 at 08:21 AM..
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 07-31-2020, 03:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Ugh. Itís a cluster. Iím so sorry.
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 07-31-2020, 05:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That sucks. I hope your colleagues are cooperative with you. Good Luck.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Youthcantknow

Pretty illogical
Old 08-01-2020, 06:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

It sounds like your school needs to rethink things from the students' perspective and rebuild the schedule in a more logical sequence. Someone likely started by looking at adult schedules and got bogged down. I don't think they're creating a situation in which students can be successful with those crazy schedules.
Youthcantknow is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 08-01-2020, 06:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I think my proposed schedule is going to work for remote, but now they are saying that we will go with the one they modified on Friday for when we go Hybrid. I really don't understand why we would change schedules back and forth. I am going to continue hammering back and forth on this because I think the schedule is terrible. I don't even have school aged kids, but I can't imagine trying to keep up with what we have now.

SLeeping helped my attitude. The p kept me on the schedule and I am going to rework my presentation to try to get more teachers and students using tech in more efficient ways (not just printing docs posted on GC and emailing them in.). I. Can. Do. This.

MalloryJames

Old 08-01-2020, 07:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Quote:
First we don't have guidance for what will happen in remote when we have recess or lunch. Like how many kids can be at recess or lunch at the same time. Can we "mix" the groups of kids or does it have to be by classroom like everything else?
I don't understand this. It's remote, so why couldn't they all have breaks at the same time? They wouldn't be "mixing" because they are all at home.
MalloryJames is online now   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 08-01-2020, 08:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

That should have said hybrid.

Top Cat

Old 08-03-2020, 12:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Yep, had a meeting this morning to go over scheduling. It's going to be a dumpster fire of a year!
Top Cat is offline   Reply With Quote