Third Grade

Work to Display in the Hallway

>

bella10

Work to Display in the Hallway
Old 03-04-2011, 09:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi friends,

Like me, I'm sure you have hallway displays. Our school is very small, so people definitely start to notice when it's been a while since I've changed the work displayed on our section of the hallway!

Do you have any project ideas for March or any creative lesson plans where students produce work that is appealing to look at!? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!

bella10 is offline   Reply With Quote

missmizufuka

Old 03-04-2011, 12:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

For math, you could have the students create a symmetry city or have them make these symmetry masks. They are pretty simple and look really good! http://mathwire.com/seasonal/symface.html
missmizufuka is offline   Reply With Quote

lynned

Old 03-04-2011, 12:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

March is Women's history month you can do something with that. I just posted my Black History projects and those will stay up until the end of this month or if I do something with women's history. Whichever comes first. We are also testing the next two weeks so I have to see how that goes.
lynned is offline   Reply With Quote

griffsmom

Math board
Old 03-04-2011, 05:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I just took my class around our school and took pictures of them measuring different objects (door windows, posters, and rugs). We also went to the playground and they found intersecting and parallel lines..3d figures and angles around the school. Really anything with geometry and measurement. I printed the pictures and the class worked in their photo groups and wrote mathematical information about the object kind of a script explaining the things they pointed out or measured. Then I typed their script up to save time each in a different font, cut and pasted the script and picture on different colored paper. Laminate them and put them up on your display..this is long but it really didn't take long.
griffsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Happy Knitter

griffsmom
Old 03-04-2011, 06:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I love your idea. I have also been trying to post pictures of us working on whatever it is I have in the hallway. I also try to show projects that aren't fully finished. I'm trying to pay respect to the WORK and PROCESS more than the finished product. It's the learning that's most important, not the finished product.

Happy Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote