Help

Retired Teachers

Bulletin Boards without stress

>

Faith508

Bulletin Boards without stress
Old 08-30-2013, 05:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

For the first time this summer I went back to my old school and helped a friend with her bulletin boards. I am still handy with a stapler and border. School begins next week.

When I was at school I was invited to look around my old classroom and I didn't even feel a twinge of sadness. It was just a feeling of oh, I used to work in there.

Old colleagues asked how does it feel to be retired. I smiled and said that it is marvelous. They had been wondering if I was happy or sad. Happy!!!

It is good to be retired. The stress has been melting away.

Faith508 is offline   Reply With Quote

CageyBee

No Stress Bulletin Boards
Old 08-31-2013, 01:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I totally agree! I helped my daughter with her classroom and was happy as a lark organizing, arranging, and decorating knowing I didn't have to concentrate on any child's issues, level, etc.
CageyBee is offline   Reply With Quote

ConnieWI

Old Classroom
Old 08-31-2013, 05:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Once in awhile, I sub in my old classroom. In that classroom, I even use many of the materials I left behind.

I have no twinge of sadness either. The only thing that bothers me is that I kept the room so bright and organized, neither of which it is now. Everything had a place, and everything was in its place. Now, there are piles everywhere!

I guess each of us has a different "level of comfort" and "expectations" when it comes to classrooms.
ConnieWI is online now   Reply With Quote

Maestra

Old 09-01-2013, 06:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I went last week and helped a friend in her room. I even brought stuff home to cut out. I was happy as a lark! It was so fun, to be there and do those things without the stress and pressure. My friend even got called to an "emergency" meeting and I just smiled and carried on. I knew if I was still working and that happened, it would have just stressed me out.

I enjoyed my August 27 birthday and I am enjoying Labor Day weekend. Stress-free for the first time in years!!
Maestra is offline   Reply With Quote