Help

The VENT

Happy hour at work?!

>

Sbkangas5

Happy hour at work?!
Old 04-03-2020, 07:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My dh is a PT. He works in two places - one is a typical PT clinic, the other is a membership only gym that offers PT services. At the clinic, they are only seeing post-op patients and those who are in acute pain. He's working at maybe 25% capacity.

The gym is still open and seeing people one on one (no open gym time or anything), and justifying it because they are "essential" since they offer PT. Um, no. None of their members are getting critical care. None are getting services that they can't live without. None are in acute pain. DH refuses to see any of his clients there and is only offering online services.

The trainers there all got together for happy hour tonight. A large group of them.

WTH is wrong with them? Why is this so hard to understand that this is not okay? And why has the owner not shut down?

Vent over. Thanks for listening!

Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 04-03-2020, 09:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Doesn't your state have Shelter in Place? I am surprised the gym is still open.
klarabelle is online now   Reply With Quote

BioBirdie

Different mindset
Old 04-04-2020, 07:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Hi. My husband is an essential worker as campus police officer. A few students remained, reduced staffing, but he still works. I am at odds with him because I've secluded myself and our teenage children at home. He still does take out meals when at work (I'm home cooking everything for kids and myself) He stops by the stores anytime he needs something (but I give him a once week list for home) and he goes golfing with his buddies (the kids and i take walks at home but have not allowed daughter to friends homes) He was upset that I didn't want to do take out on his day off, and told me i was taking all this quarantining too seriously. It makes me very angry that he treats my actions like I'm crazy....but I think some people are just unable to comprehend how serious this is and how their individual actions can risk the health of people around them. I do what I can, and hope others don't undo it.
BioBirdie is offline   Reply With Quote

Claire

Old 04-04-2020, 02:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Here, PT and Chiropractors etc. are closed. Anything that is not an essential service. I assume like rehabilitation floors of hospitals are still open but thats it. Im really surprised they are allowed to operate. And where would they go to happy hour? Arent all bars and restaurants closed except takeout?
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 04-05-2020, 03:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I work in a big box home improvement center in addition to subbing. Been working the retail job full time since there is no need for subs. I am amazed at the huge crowds filling the store. Its like the summer time with all the kids and their parents here. Parents dont need to bring the whole family when shopping, one person is all that is needed. They also dont need to be buying up paint, mulch, curtains and other non essential items. Stay home!

SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Hammy6714

SubMan
Old 04-05-2020, 06:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

One of our big box home improvement stores here in MO will not allow children into their stores anymore. I really want to get some paint and other home improvement items to do around the house but I keep telling myself it's not essential to me!
Hammy6714 is offline   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 04-05-2020, 07:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

This is why were going to be doing this six months from now or the fed govt is going to enforce a curfew.
Fractured is online now   Reply With Quote

SoDone

Old 04-05-2020, 07:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I did go and get some flowers yesterday. I went alone, wore gloves, and a face mask. Store was packed like PP said and it was hard to keep people away from me. I at least have something to do now at the house besides sitting around.
SoDone is offline   Reply With Quote