Help

The VENT

I'm cranky

>

GreyhoundGirl

I'm cranky
Old 04-22-2020, 11:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just need to spew for a few minutes because I'm cranky.

1) My district is requiring everyone to be packed up and checked out by 5/4. People are flipping out. I'm trying to be sympathetic. I am. I offered to help the speech path pack her things because she's a mess. She (rudely) told me she didn't want anyone touching her things. Okie dokie. I get she's stressed, but...

2) Our super just resigned. Judging by the way people are acting, they've never had a super resign. I think my large schools, large district and interesting career have hardened me.

3) I just found out I'm being moved between 2 other buildings. I don't really care, but both buildings are getting new P's. THAT stresses me out because I've had so many bad experiences with principals.

4) I know I joke about applying for jobs. But I'm really getting tired of applying and not hearing anything. Logically I know it's not me, but emotionally, I'm struggling (especially since the last few years have been so hard on me). There's one district and a few positions I'd love to have a chance at and I look forward to not hearing from them. It's upsetting me.

Thanks for letting me vent.

GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 04-22-2020, 11:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm sorry- that's a lot going on that makes things uncertain in this already uncertain world.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

elspeech

Old 04-22-2020, 12:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Quote:
1) My district is requiring everyone to be packed up and checked out by 5/4. People are flipping out. I'm trying to be sympathetic. I am. I offered to help the speech path pack her things because she's a mess. She (rudely) told me she didn't want anyone touching her things. Okie dokie. I get she's stressed, but...

I'd gladly take any help I could get. We don't have a pack-up date yet, but will be getting guidance soon. I just want to be sure they aren't expecting us to leave our rooms as neat and organized as they would at end of a regular year, where everything needs to be packed up for complete cleaning, floor waxing, etc. We usually have a full teacher work day, plus a 1/2 day after student's leave for that. I'm guessing they are gong to give us minimal time for packing up this year, with staggered scheduling, to get us in and out as quickly as possible with minimal interpersonal contact.

I'm planning on just taking a bunch of boxes and putting as much in those as possible. Depending on my mood, I may or may not bring them home to sort and organize for next year.
elspeech is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Sorry...
Old 04-22-2020, 05:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm sorry your feeling cranky and going through all of this!

How rude of that lady to respond in such a way. If she didn't want your help for whatever reason, she could have responded so much more politely, like "that's so nice of you, but I'll be fine! Thanks, though!"

My guess is that overall, it's a good sign they aren't used to superintendents leaving and that they are upset that this one is leaving. Hopefully they will have a few teachers on the search committee.

I'm sorry about having to switch buildings, especially have you switched buildings last summer, switched mid way through the year, and now have to switch again! No fun! When you say that it's between 2 buildings, does that mean you will be working at two schools, or they are still deciding what school they will put you at? On the positive side, I know that while you overall liked your new school, there were some things you didn't like. Maybe a new school could be a fresh start. If you will be at two different buildings, while traveling stinks, if you don't like one building or one principal or some of the teachers or students at one school, you won't be stuck there all day. It will make your day go by faster in my opinion. And, it may add some steps to your day, too! Just trying to stay positive!

Will you still be special ed.? Will it still be elementary?
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

sportsmom88

Old 04-22-2020, 06:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am sorry you are feeling bad. I hope it gets better for you soon. If it's any consolation we found out yesterday we have to have our kids stuff packed up for pick up and room packed up by this Sunday. We also have to continue on line learning.

sportsmom88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 04-22-2020, 07:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

DH has to pack his room up on 5/4. They assigned them days to come in and pack up their rooms. I havenít heard about ours yet. Iím hoping we can just go whenever. Packing up my room pretty much just means Iíll be putting things in my closet and shutting the door. Iíve already brought home my plants, animals, fridge, and most everything I will use at home anyway.

I wouldnít care if someone wanted to touch my stuff, but I might be a little weird about someone being to close to me. Still, Iíd not be rude about it. No need for that. Even when people are on edge, they donít have to be jerks.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 04-22-2020, 07:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I offered to FaceTime her so she could give me directions while I packed and then leave it on her porch. I'm going to assume positive intentions and just really stressed out.

I'm going in tomorrow to pack mine. Since I'm moving buildings everything is coming home. It's like a 1/4 of a classroom so I'm guessing it'll take me about 3-4 hours to pack, if that.
GreyhoundGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 04-22-2020, 09:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

(((GG)))

I am sorry you were treated so badly by that teacher and that you will be moving between schools. I hope packing goes well for you.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

hikinghiker

Old 04-23-2020, 10:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

That's rough, having 2 principals would suck. Two different people to impress. But on the flip side, you have two chances to make a good impression! Also, how rude of that speech path. I'm the same where I don't like others touching my things since I have my system of organization, but if someone offered I'd say something like, "No, I'm fine. thanks for the offer!" and if they needed explanations I'd tell them that I'm a little quirky and have my own system and others messing with it would stress me out even more. Like there are ways to make that sound polite.
hikinghiker is online now   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 04-23-2020, 09:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I donít like people touching my stuff because when they do I canít find it. During my career I never taught the same grade two years in a row. I always wanted to pack my own stuff so I knew where it was. Maybe the speech path is similar.

Two of my districts will be getting new supers for the next school year, one of the candidates for both districts is a former principal from the second district I worked in. I really hope he doesnít get either position because I donít want to work for him again.

As for applying and not hearing anything my mother says ďyou donít get interviewed if you donít apply.Ē Iíve become very selective about what kinds of sub assignments I will take; no long term at the daily sub rate, no subjects Iím not certified in (art, gym, music, tech ed, FaCS, foreign Lang, some special Ed). Too many opportunities for something to go wrong.

SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote