Petty Vent (Please feel free to add your own) - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The VENT

Petty Vent (Please feel free to add your own)

>

cruxian

Petty Vent (Please feel free to add your own)
Old 06-25-2020, 06:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Y'all every time I check the vent board recently there are posts about reopening in the fall. I'm as stressed as you guys are about it BUT that does not mean that I don't have time to be bothered other problems. No, I'm multitalented and can be irritated about many things all at the same time.
So here are my most recent annoyances: the house next door is playing music all the time. It's not terribly loud but I can hear it and I just want to sit outside and enjoy the silence. When there's no music, their dog is barking.
And sadly today I unfriended someone on FB. I try to have a variety of people on my FB page of different political stripes. These are people whose hearts I know are good and we just have different views on stuff, sometimes very different. Largely I can just scroll past. When I post something political, I have a list where it doesn't show up on some people's pages if I suspect it'll annoy them. I unfriended this person because literally the political stuff was the only thing she posted and it was beginning to spam my feed.....and it was veering off repeatedly into conspiracy theory stuff.
Anyone else have petty annoyances? Anyone? I can give you one of mine if you need oen.

cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 06-25-2020, 06:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

In the last two days I have hidden or unfollowed four people on FB and one is riding the fence. I can usually scroll by but it is just too much right now.

I don’t want to worry about school starting up but can’t stop myself. I have a feeling that I will have to change position, but no idea what that will look like with all the unknowns.

I have been social distancing but I am TIRED of it. I will continue.

I am more worried about my parents than ever after visiting. No good answers.

I need to go to the woods but it will be a bit before I get to.

Thought of another one- contacted a relative whose business is fencing to come to my parents and give him a quote. He was supposed to come this week while I am still here. No word. Now I will not be able to nudge my dad into paying someone... really chaps my hide. We have appointments tomorrow. I may be able to talk to someone today, but probably not to get them here..
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote

middlestsis

Lots of frustration about COVID
Old 06-25-2020, 06:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

But here is my petty vent: my water company informed me I probably have a small leak. It could be my dripping shower or running toilet or the water heater leaking. My spouse and I decide to get the water heater replaced first. It is about 330 for the heater so we ask for an installation quote. They want 770, more than twice as much as the heater, to install it! It comes with an installation guide and we have a plumber friend so we are just going to do it ourselves. Yeesh
middlestsis is online now   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 06-25-2020, 07:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

middlestsis. Running toilets and dripping showers will use a lot more water than you think they will. They will also be way cheaper to fix that the water heater! Are you sure the water heater is a problem? You could be spending money you don't need to spend.
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote

Cassyree

Old 06-25-2020, 07:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

People who wear t-shirts with evangelical church logos and won't wear a mask into the grocery store and don't make much of an attempt at social distancing. So much for loving your brother and sister.

Companies like Land's End or Lee that use different fabric on clothing styles I've worn for years. I miss pants that don't wrinkle in dryer and polo style shirts that can breathe. I've had to find other brands and styles. Perhaps I look more modern, but I miss my old favorites.

Cassyree is online now   Reply With Quote

arsabl

Petty vents
Old 06-25-2020, 08:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

The neighbor has more time on his hands since the shelter in place order so he spends a great deal of time doing things in his front yard...gardening, sweeping, washing the car. This would be fine except he plays his music REALLY LOUD. So loud I have to shut my door and windows for some quiet. I think it’s rude! Put on some headphones!

The house next door has been vacant since November. The new owner plans to flip it. The house looks abandoned inside and out. Transients come to check out the place all the time. I chase away people away several times a week. I live alone. This makes me feel unsafe. The owner lives in a nice, rich neighborhood. I know he wouldn’t want to live next door to a house like this.

STOP the BLEEPING Fireworks every night from 7:30 pm until 3 am! I need sleep! My animals are stressed. I’m stressed! The noise sends me into flight mode but I can’t get away!

Boy, just writing these out makes me feel a bit better! Thanks!
arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

MalloryJames

Old 06-25-2020, 08:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

My petty vent: I'm tired of the speculating about what school looks like. I will deal with it...in September! Let me enjoy my summer! Worrying about it changes nothing, so I am pushing it aside. It's going to change a bunch before we actually start school anyway.
MalloryJames is offline   Reply With Quote

Violet123

I agree MU
Old 06-25-2020, 09:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Whatever decisions are made will be made, no matter what we say or how many surveys we fill out..etc.

We can only address our concerns when the final decisions and plans are made..which will be 2 weeks before school starts..most likely.

So we should just try to enjoy our summer the best we can and take one day at a time.

Violet123 is offline   Reply With Quote

readandweep

Arsabi
Old 06-25-2020, 09:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Your vent is similar to mine.

The house across the street was abandoned at the end of March and they left the kids's toys, bikes and play equipment in the yard. It makes me said to see that as the kids were outside all the time and I keep wondering is the kids have similar stuff at their new place.

I did not know the people, so I don't know if they owned or rented, but the owners before them kept the house and yard immaculate.

It must not be owned by my landlord as he has several properties in town and always keeps the yards mowed.

It is a lovingly restored older house with a large lot and nice fence.

I am would worried about teens getting into the house and partying, but the police station is about a block away.
readandweep is offline   Reply With Quote

Munchkins

petty vent
Old 06-25-2020, 09:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

DH chews loudly. I try not to nag, but I think I have that syndrome where mouth noises are over the top annoying. I think my father had it- he always turned on the radio when we ate dinner to "drown out the chewing noises."

A good thing about wearing a mask- I can sneak a piece of gum without giving him one!

Munchkins is online now   Reply With Quote

middlestsis

Thanks for your help :)
Old 06-25-2020, 09:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Kahlua, we are researching getting those fixed as well! The toilet should be pretty simple since I think it is just the flapper that needs replacing. The shower is a bit more complicated since we replaced the stems and washers just last year. As for the water heater, it is leaking and it was made in 1996. We are planning on getting a new one from the same company!
middlestsis is online now   Reply With Quote

bookgeek59

Old 06-25-2020, 09:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I know the beginning of the school year is uncertain, but I've unfollowed certain coworkers on FB for 30 days bc that is ALL they're posting about. Y'all need to find something else to do. I'm sticking my head in the sand until I hear official word from my district.

I am fine with staying home-introvert Bookgeek loves home! That said, I want SO bad to hop in the car and go stay with friends/sisters for a few nights just to hang out. But anyone I want to visit is either at-risk or has an at-risk person in their "circle."

Ok- now for the petty PETTY vent. My neighbor works on cars and keeps parking them on the street in front of my house. We have a driveway. We're hardly going anywhere. But I HATE seeing them take up "my" space.
bookgeek59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Room_916

My petty vent
Old 06-25-2020, 10:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

This is so petty ...

We have had the same headmaster for three years. At the end of his first school year (2018) he initiated a new recognition/award. He gave a plaque to each staff / faculty member who had been at the school for five years or a multiple of five years. I thought,ĒCool, I like plaques and recognition.Ē This past year was my fifth year at this particular school... no plaque. I am fairly certain it got forgotten because of the pandemic but I want my five year plaque. So petty, I know.
Room_916 is offline   Reply With Quote

hand

Old 06-25-2020, 10:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

The town just put up construction signs on my street. That means they are tearing up my driveway and everyone elseís, too. For the rest of the summer Iíll most likely not be able to get into my garage. Iíll need to try to find street parking a block away with everyone else that needs to do the same. And did I mention...I cannot parallel park!!
hand is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 06-25-2020, 11:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

People.

The longer Iím home, the more people annoy me.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 06-25-2020, 11:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

People who leave huge spaces in front of them in a drive thru. Pull up so I can get off the street.
sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Mine
Old 06-25-2020, 12:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

My petty vent is that I don't like my online film class. I'm retired and take lifelong learning classes. They are usually excellent. This one is kind of boring. Thank goodness the final class is tomorrow.
travelingfar is online now   Reply With Quote

Englishish

Swotch
Old 06-25-2020, 02:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I finally found a Nintendo Switch on Amazon. It wasnít supposed to get here until mid-July, but got bumped up to Saturday. Yay!!

It hasnít shipped yet, and Iím mad at myself for being stressed out about a toy I didnít need to buy that wasnít supposed to be here for another month anyhow. Iím wresting control wherever I can find it, I think.
Englishish is offline   Reply With Quote

maryteach

My petty vent
Old 06-25-2020, 03:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

is people who have the right-of-way but insist on giving it to me! That's dangerous! And if we do hit each other, it's my ticket, so no thanks.

I see people do this at four-way stops a lot. Either they're polite to a fault and they need to take the right-of-way when it's theirs and stop confusing people OR they have absolutely no idea whatsoever what to do at a four-way stop. It just BAFFLES them so they decided long ago to let everyone go ahead of them. Learn to drive!
maryteach is offline   Reply With Quote

FUNNYJOKER

Old 06-25-2020, 04:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

Two days ago, I started a trip to what is now a hot location of Covid. I don't care. I want to spend time in the outdoors and I'm still social distancing. A few friends and family members asked me not to go on the flights and the trip but they know I had no intention of canceling. I will not spend a total of six months inside my house in the same boring city where I live.

Typing this poolside and loving every minute of it.
FUNNYJOKER is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 06-25-2020, 04:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

Along the same vein of your neighbor thing, new neighbors just moved into the apartment outside our living room window. They have a dog. It is barking constantly (although it stopped for a bit just now). It's annoying, but it's also very annoying that the dog's bark sounds just like our dog. Our dog rarely barks (mostly just when someone unexpected comes to the door, which almost never happens), but now when this dog is barking I not only am annoyed, but I'm stressed because I first think it's my dog. Last night, I thought our dog was barking just outside the door and I got a little panicky, thinking she got out somehow. Nope. She was happily asleep on a kid's bed.

My real vent is just that I have way too much on my plate again, after getting a bit of a reprieve (that came with the negative of a smaller paycheck) over the COVID-19 stay home order. While I'm thankful to again be getting the money I need and I do enjoy the work I do, I'm not so thankful to be working 60+ hour weeks again.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Mshope

The Vacant House
Old 06-25-2020, 04:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

Wow, I also have a vacant house across the street. The owner was supposed to move in after he retired, but never did. It's been years now and it looks vacant. I don't have the music neighbors, but we have two neighbors doing constant construction.

Yep, we have the fireworks! Almost every night.

Also, I have two running toilets. I don't really want the plumbers in my house. My cousin tried to fix them. One is better and I just turned the water off in the other one.

I went to the store today and was not happy to see people mobbing together without masks. I think it's against the law here. I just shopped quickly and left.

I have several friends who are vacationing in hot spots. I'm just hoping that none of them even attempt to visit. No, thank you. One friend wants us to get together on her deck. Nope. Not going or even considering it.

I'm starting to feel like we aren't even going to be able to go back to school at this point
Mshope is offline   Reply With Quote

HoHumBeachBum

funnyjoker
Old 06-25-2020, 04:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

I could have written your exact posting. Friend and I have been vacationing for almost a week now. We wear our masks on the ground of the resort and in the stores when we quickly go get groceries. You and I must live in the same town.
HoHumBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote

WordFountain

Petty Vent
Old 06-25-2020, 05:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #24

- fireworks at night always right as Iím putting my 18 month down for bedtime

- waking up early to teach only *1* class online because itís been a slow month - Iíd rather teach at least 2 but you get penalized to cancel so Iím stuck...and Iím the type of person that once Iím up, Iím up and awake (or my toddler is awake)
WordFountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 06-25-2020, 05:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #25

Quote:
I'm multitalented and can be irritated about many things all at the same time.
Thanks for the laugh!!

My petty vent - I am at my parent's house. It's been really great to see them and my nieces and nephews who are staying with us. But I'm sick of people and really just want to be alone!
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

Old 06-25-2020, 05:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #26

my vent: (sounds like we all have "that neighbor with a loud dog")

sighhhhhhhh....i know it's mean, but this dog is 14 years old (i know because i asked the husband--he's nice, his wife is crochety--and i thought, oh, that's how old my dog was when he passed....). i'm looking forward to the day....

this dog barks all. the. time. when they aren't home. if he thinks there is something/someone outside, he will start and never stop. i love to sit in the front yard and read. unfortunately, i'm a avid sneezer....it's very hard to "sneak" out there and enjoy some peace and quiet because i usually out myself.

i don't know how he doesn't lose his doggy voice!
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 06-25-2020, 05:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #27

Wordfountain, I hear you about slow online English teaching.I have had to get up at 4:30am twice a week to wait for pop up and last minute sub classes that never come. I am getting tired of it. You get a huge fine if you miss a class, even a last minute one. We are required to sit at our computer during our whole shift even if we have no classes upon waking up. We used to get standby pay for that, but not anymore.
jazzer is online now   Reply With Quote

whatever

Grr,
Old 06-25-2020, 06:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #28

My turn-- Both very petty...

1. Just went to Walmart (I know, I know--my bad but I had to.) They have spent a lot of time and money marking for social distancing--you know, because no one at WM wears a mask here. IN SPITE of signage, arrows, color coding, floor stickers, and more, people were consistently going down the wrong way in EVERY aisle. It was so bad that more than once, I doublechecked that it wasn't me confused and going the wrong way. Good grief, why are we teachers stressing over teaching kids to read when they never do it again once they reach adulthood!!

I swear that some of them were doing it just to be stupid or stubborn or something. Are people really so oblivious?!?! In one row, a woman glared at me because I had my cart near a big pole that left her no room to pass... Duh, IF she was going according to the mulitple signage, we wouldn't NEED to pass. In another, the guy in front of me was going the right way then suddenly stopped, LEFT his freaking cart across the aisle longways and walked down the aisle to get what he wanted before returning to move the dang cart to the end of the next row...

2. Prices of everything are creeping up here. Gas, groceries, essential, toiletries, fast food...I realize money is tight in a lot of businesses. I get the law of supply v. demand... I know why it is happening but thought this might be a place to whine about it a little...
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote

marguerite2

Old 06-25-2020, 07:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #29

I just want this streak to end. Since the start of COVID-19 stay at home:
Plumber twice
Electrician once
Handyman once
New exhaust system one car
Refrigerator three visits to fix. Ended up being almost as expensive as a new one, but couldn’t get one as the plant is closed due to COVID-19. We were lucky to get the parts.
Dehumidifier in cellar died and had to be replaced.
And somewhere somehow husband has lost his wedding ring.

But, on the plus side, neither one of us contracted Covid-19. Our finances are stable. Our children and the grands are ok. When we go to the store everyone is wearing masks and most are social distancing.
marguerite2 is online now   Reply With Quote

Englishish

But
Old 06-25-2020, 08:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #30

Whatever, I feel your pain with the directionally challenged. But on the bright side, itís much safer to passive aggressively enforce the aisle rules with a cart than a car- and much less likely to involve arrest!
Englishish is offline   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Petty vent
Old 06-26-2020, 02:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #31

You want petty?!

Our trees in the background drop leaves/twigs when we get even the slightest breeze. It really makes it look messy and then I feel I have to pick them up.

Yup, slow times around here
Cat woman is online now   Reply With Quote

Cinderella00

Petty Vent
Old 06-26-2020, 04:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #32

My vent is similar to Marguerite's. DH finds every little thing wrong with our house and wants it fixed NOW. He has Alzheimer's, so while he recognizes what's wrong, he can't fix it himself.

In the last 2 months I've had to build a hire someone to refinish cement in the garage, fix the garage door, finish the ceiling in the garage, replace a exterior door, repair a storm door and repair 2 windows. Then I've had to build a new free-standing deck, paint the porch, sand and re-stain the wooden porch furniture, replace the kitchen faucet, paint trim on house, put in a screen door and a million other things I can't remember. I just want to sit down and enjoy my summertime.

And I put in a great, big garden this year. My tiller won't run, so I have to fix that today. And the deer keep visiting the garden each night. They've eaten all the cucumber, sunflower and pea plants. They've munched on half the green beans. They have eaten the tops off all the tomato plants, and are grazing their way through the corn. Love deer - from a distance.
Cinderella00 is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

More neighbor vents
Old 06-26-2020, 05:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #33

I spend a good part of my summer sitting on my front porch reading. My neighbor across the street watches her grandkids. Their parents have very loud cars with BLASTING music or VERY loud mufflers. Every time they come to pick up their kids they leave the car running in the drive way. They also have some fairly spicy language

The neighbor next to them have three boys. I would say upper elem/Middle School ish age. They play in the yard a lot and it always seems to be a game of how can we annoy our youngest brother and get him to whine and cry loudly
twinmom95 is online now   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Petty annoyances...
Old 06-26-2020, 07:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #34

I live in a condo development. I have no deck or patio, only a landing and a grassy space between units. Before Covid, I was the only person who came out to sit and read. I love the quiet, just sitting and reading with my dog and watching the flowers and birds.

Now, the women under me and to the side come out. They have very loud, high-pitched voices and love to talk. Even when the mail person comes, one of them engages her in conversation while we are waiting for the mail. It is difficult to concentrate on reading with the chatter. One of them did work before Covid. I hope she goes back soon.

The other petty vent is I have another set of neighbors who are big smokers. For some reason, they don't smoke inside their unit. They own it, and are not renters, so I am not sure why. I can smell their smoke through my open windows and when I am outside. They are not the nicest people, so I do not feel comfortable asking them to please consider moving to the end of the street away from others. They come out very frequently, unfortunately. Luckily, one of them works, so it isn't as bad during the week.

Definitely petty vents. Thanks for giving me an audience to vent them!
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

anonymouse

Fireworks
Old 06-26-2020, 10:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #35

My petty vent concerns fireworks. They have been going off for weeks now. They are illegal here, but that doesn't matter. People drive to PA and buy their fireworks there. Groupon even had a coupon where you could drive from NY to PA and get a discount on your illegal fireworks.

Complaints about fireworks are up 121% in my county. They are up 427% in the county next to mine. They've gotten 1200 complain People are on edge. They have a very real effect on veterans who suffer form PTSD. My cats are going crazy. I have the windows closed and the fan and air conditioner on and put the TV on as loud as it can go to help them call down. I hate them.
anonymouse is online now   Reply With Quote

Sleddog

Petty VEnt
Old 06-26-2020, 04:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #36

This is fun!

Our neighbors have an outside fire when it is 90 plus degrees outside. Our house is on a hill above theirs and we have to close all of our windows as the smoke blows right through our house. We are thinking of spending $$$$ to put in a whole-house air conditioner just so that we can breathe when it is 90 plus degrees outside. UGH

Thanks for letting me vent about a non-school issue! I feel better!
Sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote

Hawkeyegirl1

arsabl YES!!!
Old 06-27-2020, 06:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #37

STOP the BLEEPING Fireworks every night from 7:30 pm until 3 am! I need sleep! My animals are stressed. Iím stressed! The noise sends me into flight mode but I canít get away!

And they seem to start shooting them off earlier and earlier...it's June people! After the 4th they keep at it. I'm so sick of it!

Fireworks on the 4th...okay, I can deal with that. The rest...knock it off already.
Hawkeyegirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote

nucleus

Old 06-27-2020, 01:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #38

My petty vent is with myself. I keep eating too much. I've gained so much weight and it's all my fault. I can't seem to get back on track.
nucleus is offline   Reply With Quote

funkid

COVID 19 weight
Old 06-28-2020, 01:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #39

I canít stop eating an unhealthy diet. It feels like I deserve a sweet treat every night and my only outings are to get fast food. Intellectually I know that I need to get back to healthier eating, but canít stop finding comfort in food. ☹️
funkid is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

Petty vent
Old 06-28-2020, 01:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #40

Our master needs a new faucet... coming in July. It was the one we really wanted so willing to wait.
We have 2 22 year old furnaces. Ugh. Both should be replaced.
Just had house power washed. Nice job!
Tree guy coming to remove a tree growing into house and a few dead branches in back.
Iíve had a lot of trouble sleeping lately. Taking melatonin gummies. And bedtime tea.
juliet4 is online now   Reply With Quote

tgbwc

The Pool
Old 06-29-2020, 05:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #41

I am on the board for our swim and tennis club. This summer it really should be a paid position for a professional. For each state Phase (1, 2 and upcoming 3), we have had to put so many procedures and a lot mitigation in place. We have created operating plans, videos about how to make reservations and about the rules. Some people still think it is a ďregularĒ summer pool day and either ignore or donít follow the rules. I guess behaviors havenít been terrible but I am anxious about it every, single day. I am the membership chair and field emails daily.

I am also on the executive board for our AFT local. That can be stressful too.
tgbwc is offline   Reply With Quote

puzzle1mom

Old 06-29-2020, 04:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #42

I agree with all the posters who have said they are tired of people speculating CONSTANTLY about what school will be like. I am taking it one day/week at a time. The WHOLE WORLD is in the same boat, people!

I am also tired of non-teachers (like a friend of mine) complaining about how horrible the distance learning was in the Spring. Um, hello? It was an EMERGENCY! NO ONE ON THE PLANET has had to do this before!

I can't stand to look at FB anymore. It's the same stuff over and over and over. One of these days, I'm just going to quit it. It's become a bad, time-wasting habit and I need to stop.

The outside of my house is bugging me. We need to resand the driveway as little weeds are popping up between the pavers. Our landscaping is a mess; we need the sprinkler system fixed and we HAVE to get someone out to give us a quote but neither DH or I have called anyone. The inside of the house looks very nice but we have ZERO curb appeal.

I love my boys and my husband, but I am a little sick of all of them.

The fireworks are definitely getting annoying. It's been going on here in my neck of the woods for over a week.

And I have to say - I LOVE your avatar, bookgeek59!!!!!
puzzle1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

change2R

My vent
Old 06-29-2020, 05:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #43

We are in the middle of in person summer school. I usually coteach with someone and we put both our classes together all day. This year we cant, understandably. This year we are in separate classrooms, desks in rows, etc. Today I was told to make sure that we keep the classes separate for today & tomorrow. Tomorrow is my coworker last day. They are not going to replace her. So starting Wednesday I'm going to start having ALL the kids in both classrooms for the rest of summer school. So Tuesday, keep everyone apart & Wednesday have all of them together.
change2R is offline   Reply With Quote

luvtulearn

The news
Old 07-12-2020, 03:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #44

I realize that things are not their fault but maybe I should dismantle myself from the news media. Just this morningI heard that the San Gabriel mission outside of LA where I grew up was burnt down. Why does the news media feel they have to come up with meaningful excuse why a 265 year old historical landmark building was burnt down? USC will be dismantling the John Wayne exhibit due to " bigotry comments". That's just this morning .

If we all dismantle ourselves from technology would that change things or even help????

Maybe for every negative thing they report they must report about a positive change in our community. In other words something that actually will unify us instead of alienate us. Just venting that's all.
luvtulearn is online now   Reply With Quote

Speced9

What the Hade. I'll Bite.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #45

You want petty?

Near my house there is a small branch that is hanging from a power line. It's right outside of the service garage entrance for a local country club. I drive past it every day. IT'S BEEN THERE FOR YEARS. Seriously! YEARS!

I keep asking my wife, "How can they not take that down? It's driving me nuts!"

That branch mocks me.
Speced9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Riding4Him

Me too!
Old 07-18-2020, 12:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #46

Quote:
So here are my most recent annoyances: the house next door is playing music all the time. It's not terribly loud but I can hear it and I just want to sit outside and enjoy the silence.
Me too! I live in the woods and the neighbors next door decided to put up construction lights on their barn! You could land a plane by them. Then they play loud music all night long. They say it's for their horses but I just want to sleep in peace and quiet. They have two adult sons with disabilities that ride the lawnmowers constantly. I get it that it may be a comfort for them but sometimes they are riding at midnight or first thing in the morning. My home has always been a place of peace and quiet but since Covid everyone is home and it's full of noise. I'm glad people are home but I miss my quiet.
Riding4Him is offline   Reply With Quote