Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I wanna gripe about...

>

melonjar

I wanna gripe about...
Old 06-06-2013, 01:35 PM

my husband. So summer is here. I have a yard sale planned in about a week. I'm sorting and cleaning and scouring the house. He knows that I'm doing all of that sorting and such, yet somehow I believe he thinks I'm sitting around eating bon bon in my PJs. When will people realize that teachers DESERVE summer break and that many "work" on other things during that time. And that all of that work we do over the summer is actually work because there's no time to do it during the school year. My husband comes home today from work. I worked my tail off yesterday in the basement. Today I cleaned the kitchen, did laundry, cut coupons, baked cookies (for him too!), and paid my bills. I ask him if he would help me clean up the livingroom tonight (thinking he could just pick up HIS stuff) and he says, "I have to work tomorrow". Ugh!

Ok. I feel better. I am grateful for my summers off so that I can do all of that house keeping that I can't do during the year. I just wish other people would see it that way.

Off to throw the towels in the dryer. *sigh*.

melonjar is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 06-06-2013, 02:17 PM

Pitch his stuff in the front yard

One day people, even our families will realize what we do all year and they will be ashamed of themselves.

Enjoy your summer...RELAX.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

salgal2

I agree!
Old 06-06-2013, 03:22 PM

and I always feel I have to go thru my list of what I got accomplished during the day so DH knows what I did. And I don't know why i feel that way. My DH farms and during the "off" season he has it pretty easy. I'll leave for school and he is doing his crossword puzzle or reading. Same in the evening when I'm working on school stuff. I know his day is not that stressful or busy.
salgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote

doremi

the towels
Old 06-06-2013, 04:04 PM

Throw the towels on him...........preferably wet! haha!
doremi is offline   Reply With Quote

bandmom

Old 06-06-2013, 05:56 PM

I'm starting year 25 of that. My DH gives me "helpful" suggestions of things I can do during the day. I ignore them.

bandmom is offline   Reply With Quote

lovelife07

Old 06-07-2013, 02:11 PM

This is how I see it- During the school year I have a full-time job, I run the kids where they need to go, I clean the house, I cook, and whatever needs to be done. I work from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM most weekdays. On the weekends I have paperwork for my husband's business. When my husband gets home he's done for the day. Some days he doesn't even have to leave the house (but he still works). I think, therefore, I deserve a few days here and there to do what I want to do. Because, like you said, summer is for doing all of those things you can't get to during the school year. Now if I could just get him to see it my way...
lovelife07 is offline   Reply With Quote