Help

BusyBoard

Reading Projects

>

froggy1433k

Reading Projects
Old 11-25-2014, 06:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am trying to find new reading projects out there. I teach 4th grade. Thanks for your help in advance.

froggy1433k is offline   Reply With Quote

trexteach

Old 11-25-2014, 06:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This is an idea for a Reading Fair that I pinned from Pinterest. You could just do this as a classroom activity. The fourth grade teachers at our school do this with their classes.
http://mommycracked.net/2013/01/how-...ding-fair.html

I used to have my fifth graders make Book-in-a-Boxes. The kids had fun with them and they turned out really well. Kids decorate a shoebox to represent something from the book they've read. Inside they have to have a certain # of items to represent the different elements of their stories. Each item must have an index card attached explaining what the item is and how it represents a part of the plot, setting, characters, problem, solution, etc. On the inside of the lid, they had to write a story summary. On the outside of the box, there were to be descriptions of the setting(s) and characters along with the title, illustrator, and author. You could also include the genre and perhaps the theme and/or author's purpose.

Cereal Box project--Students decorate a cereal box to represent the book they've read. They add the title, illustrator, author, info on setting, characters, problem/solution, and a story summary around the outside of the box.

Book Talk Commercial--I've had the kids write a book talk for their stories and perform it in the form of a TV commercial.

We don't really get to do these much anymore, but when we did, they always turned out great! My kids really bought into these activities.
trexteach is offline   Reply With Quote

eliza4one

Old 11-26-2014, 04:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've been exploring Powtoons and have 2 girls working on a project right now. I have a volunteer overseeing it.

It's a technology based project...but that's what our P/district wants.

I teach 3rd and the girls are doing just fine with it. They love it, in fact.
eliza4one is offline   Reply With Quote

Tchn4fun

Old 11-26-2014, 09:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

You could try some of these strategies: www.readingrockets.org/strategies if that helps at all???
Tchn4fun is offline   Reply With Quote