Special Education

Fear of the unknown

>

Livelife2019

Livelife2019

Fear of the unknown
Old 07-08-2020, 08:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I teach kids who come to school in sickness and in health. Sometimes I feel like I'm being paid to do respite when the kid is too sick to care about school. My sensory kids, especially with Autism, aren't going to wear a mask. And then there's the nose pickers, spitters, and close quarters in a small room. I have some health conditions myself. I feel the risk outweighs the reward. One life lost is too much. Unfortunately, we know it's going to happen.

GoodEnough85

LOL. I'd call it more Fear of the KNOWN.
Old 07-13-2020, 05:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That describes my class as well. They will wear no masks or fight compliance all day. I figure they will be exempted due to disability.

Quote:
And then there's the nose pickers, spitters, and close quarters in a small room.
I also have two in Depends that also pick below the waist most of the day--sometimes alternating between the two... We were already making them wash hands continuously...

I KNOW my kids are gross and germy. I KNOW parents who medicate symptoms to get them to school. I KNOW this is what I'll face in the in-person schooling...just saying...

My unknowns are when this is all going to happen... and what happens to them if in person does not happen.
GoodEnough85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Speced9

Your Concerns Are Justified
Old 07-16-2020, 12:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'd like to be positive, but I'm too much of a realist. We're going to face many more obstacles (some very dangerous) with a return to buildings. I know many districts are starting the year remotely (which has its own problems) which is still better than the s*** storm we're going face returning.
Speced9 is offline   Reply With Quote