Help

Books, Guided Reading & Literature

Reading Programs that Work?

>

MrsMcG

Reading Programs that Work?
Old 08-31-2012, 05:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our district is looking into a new reading program. Do you have any suggestion of programs that cover the standards? We have an old MCGraw Hill Program and 100 Book Challenge. The McGraw Hill is 15 years old and doesnt cover 1/2 of the standards.

MrsMcG is offline   Reply With Quote

shak

shak

1-3rd grade teacher
Old 09-05-2012, 11:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hello,
My school was also in search of a new reading program that met the standards. Through my research I found a great computer program called Study Island. The program was implemented for one year and caused our reading scores to increase. Study Island meets the standards of each state perhaps this is something your district can look into.

deana021

Reading Street
Old 09-13-2012, 06:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We implemented Reading Street last year and our average test scores on MAP have increased dramatically when compared to the years before. It covers EVERYTHING from conventions, phonics, phonemic awareness, guided reading, and differentiated instruction. Something to look at.
deana021 is offline   Reply With Quote

haisleysmimi

Study Island
Old 04-20-2013, 11:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Our school district implemented both Study Island and Accerelated Reader programs about 3 years ago. They were effective in raising reading state achievement scores with our school system. I believe by implementing both programs they have been a great advantage to our students. These progams together supply students with the opportunties to improve their reading skills.
haisleysmimi is offline   Reply With Quote

taber

Reading Programs
Old 04-20-2013, 07:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Our school district moved from Accelerated Reader programs to Literacy Lane three years ago. Our school then decided to use both in grades 1 through 3. Both programs have worked together to meet all of the needs of various types of readers.

taber is offline   Reply With Quote