Substitute Teachers

Questions on a/b phase 2 schedule

>

Cdsp

Cdsp

Questions on a/b phase 2 schedule
Old 10-27-2020, 04:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

On phase 2 schedule group A of 15 students go to school Mon. and Thurs. Group B (15 students) goes to school on Tues. and Thurs. On Wed. all students have distance learning. Group A has distance learning on Tues, Wed, and Fri. Group B has distance learning on Mon., Wed., and Fri.
My question is would a teacher (like Mrs. Smith) teach kids in person on Mon, Tues., Thurs. and Friday?
Group A and Group B will have distance learning 3 days a week. Excluding Wed., who teaches group A and B when their doing their distance learning? Is it it Mrs. Smith? If not, then who? But how would Mrs. Smith do it, when there is in person classes 4 days a week?
Please explain this. Phase 2 starts next week for me. I am a sub.

Ima Teacher

Old 10-27-2020, 08:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Iím not sure I followed that, but here is how ours works.

Each grade level has two Pods, A & B. They are taught by different teachers.

Pod A teacher has up to 15 kids each class period on Monday & Tuesday with another 10 or so kids doing virtual learning at the same time. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday all of those kids are virtual.

Pod B teacher has up to 15 kids each class period on Thursday and Friday with another 10 or so virtual at the same time. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday those kids are virtual.

No teacher has kids more than two days a week.

No kids are in the building on Wednesdays.

Our A and B pods are divided into four groups each, and those kids travel class to class together all day.

DHís school does differently.

Half of the alphabet comes Monday & Wednesday. The other half comes Thursday and Thursday. No kids come on Friday. The kids stay in one room all day, and the teachers rotate. Each teacher has kids four days a week, but they arenít the same kids every day.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reff

Reff

Questions
Old 10-27-2020, 08:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

When you teach the students in class; the other students not in I class are virtual. Are the 10 students (not in class) Live virtual, while the teacher is instructing the students who are in class? Does the 10 students watch (live online) the teacher teach the 15 (in class) students? Is there a camera in the classroom for the 10 students (at home) to watch the teacher teach?

knelson13

Old 10-28-2020, 10:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Our district is hybrid. On the days all students are distance, they have a Zoom lesson with the teacher. On their other distance days, the teacher teaches the "in person" students and the distance students are assigned work to do on their own. The poor teachers are getting emails all day about the distance lessons. When someone subs, they are meeting with half the class "in person".
knelson13 is offline   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Local decisions
Old 10-28-2020, 12:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

It all depends on how the particular district has set things up. There is a huge variety of plans, so you will have to get your answers locally. And if you are working in more than one district, the details could be very different. Some things could even change from school to school.

TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote

tyrex

Old 10-28-2020, 02:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Our schedule is the same as yours. I teach all the students every day. Half of the students are face to face and come to school. The other half logs in online. I teach both groups at the same time. On Wed all students are online.
tyrex is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

Our elementary
Old 10-29-2020, 11:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

They are color coded orange and blue. Orange students attend in a.m. and are p.m. on remote days. Blue students attend the opposite days in a.m. and are remote in p.m. Orange and blue students attend every other Friday and then are remote. So teachers teach every day, but in person in the a.m. and remote in the p.m.

Middle school students attend all day for two days, then remote for two days. Teachers teach remote and attending students together. They attend every other Friday.

High school is blocked, so have A/B days. Orange students attend M/T, Blue students W/Th. All students are remote on Friday and attend all 8 shortened classes. Teachers teach in person and remote students at the same time. Itís really not too difficult at MS and HS, because work is posted in the google classroom and students generally work independently. I donít sub elementary, though.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

SubMan

Old 11-09-2020, 04:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

How it works in a district near me is like this.

Group A comes to their school on Monday and Tuesday. Group A is online on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

Group B comes to their school on Thursday and Friday. Group B is on line Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Both groups are online only on Wednesday. Wednesday and Saturday are deep cleaning days in the district.
SubMan is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 11-11-2020, 11:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Just wanted to pop in and let you guys know about my hybrid sub experience on Monday...

Awhile back I told the secretary at the school that I didn't want to sub 100% online because I didn't feel comfortable with the computers - or, more honestly, I didn't feel comfortable taking the chance that I'd make an idiot of myself in front of the students (or worse, the parents!).

Monday was my first day and I didn't have to do the computers. I think that's why she gave me that job.

I was under the impression that once students went hybrid, that there weren't any more computers. I thought students were given work to do at home for the at-home days.

Apparently, as you guys probably already knew, there are some in person and some on the computer, even with hybrid.

I figured that if I wanted to work very much that I had to learn to use the computer, so I asked if I could "shadow" another sub or a teacher to try to get the hang of it, without pay.

They said I could, but I haven't heard anything, yet. I just asked them yesterday, though.

I told them, "How can I tell the students to go out of their comfort zone, if I don't?" .

The other subs were doing it, so it must be doable.

Last Monday my smallest class was 4 students and my largest class was 10 students. It was the students first day back to school so they were well-behaved, as expected, since they are still in the honeymoon phase.
bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote