Substitute Teachers

What if they quarantine a class?

>

Quarantined

Quarantined

What if they quarantine a class?
Old 11-11-2020, 10:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I read in the paper they will quarantine a class, if that class got covid 19. Let's say group A (goes to school in person Mon. and Thurs.) is quartined OR if a AM class ( that goes to school 4 days a week in person in the AM morning) gets quarantined---does that teacher now teach that class online (group A or AM class)?? Would the teacher teach the NON-Quarantined classes in person?

As subs this could affect us, because we could take a job and not know the AM is quarantined and the PM class is not. This might mean we teach online in the morning and teach in person in the afternoon (PM class). Some subs do not want to teach online.

Renea

Old 11-11-2020, 02:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

These are really tough times for subs. I'm sorry that you're being asked to teach online without advanced warning. I hope that your districts find some way to keep you informed. It must be frustrating.
Renea is online now   Reply With Quote

sila

Old 11-12-2020, 12:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That is truly a post I was thinking to do and ask someone too.
Please share answers everyone if you heard or guess .
How can a sub knows covid was reported in class before ?
Or some section was quarantined ?

Covid cases are really spiking up around .
Believe many kids who come are exposed already .
But how can a sub know all these inner school details of which class had covid reported ?
Any legal side of school to inform subs ?

Thank you all .
sila is offline   Reply With Quote

YayaSub

Sila- Privacy rules
Old 11-14-2020, 12:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

At my school, we are told each time there is a positive case. I'm not sure how they determine who to email because I get some of the notices for another building, but not all. We are supposed to stick with only one or two buildings. I suppose they can figure out who was present at the relevant times.

It is not revealed if it is a student, teacher, or other staff. Likewise, when someone is not allowed to come to school (student or adult), it is not revealed whether they were positive or merely contact traced.

I was told that the room I was floated to yesterday had been treated with UV light-- so I'm sure that was a positive case.

Of course, the "grapevine" sometimes provides more information.
YayaSub is online now   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

Old 11-16-2020, 04:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I agree with Yaya....the grapevine seems to be better at keeping us informed. I am never notified about such things by admin or the district. (Of course I am required to sign a waiver daily upon coming in which states that I am healthy and had no exposure to Covid.) I have to either hope some kind soul I am working with will inform me or see it after the fact on a county Facebook group I am a part of which posts covid case info for local schools each time there is a new instance. Of course this is generally after the fact when I have been in school all day without being told anything.

mommysubs is offline   Reply With Quote