Substitute Teachers

unemployment

>

A1substitute

A1substitute

unemployment
Old 09-07-2020, 09:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I did not file for unemployment in March like most. My last day was March 18. I want to file now but not sure its worth it.
My district is virtual and has very few jobs. However I have 3 children who are at home doing virtual learning. I don't have long term childcare for them. I barely have a day to day babysitter to use.
Can I still file unemployment because now technically I cannot take any job I am offered.
I already turned down a perfect long term virtual job due to the fact my own children are at home.
This would void normal unemployment times.
Would I get backdated to March if I file now?
Thanks for any info. I was just going to tough it out. My husband supports us with his job, thankfully. Things are getting tighter the longer I go without working.

Sublime

Old 09-07-2020, 10:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I say file, regardless of the circumstances. What can they do except say no?
Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

pt2014js

Old 09-08-2020, 09:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

If you don't file, you will for certain- get nothing....

If you do file you might very well get some financial help.
Let UE, for your state, decide what you are eligible for.

Just fill out the form the best you can and let them tell you what they need.

Then you have have a starting point/ date of application.

Good luck.
pt2014js is offline   Reply With Quote

CC96

Edd-CA
Old 09-08-2020, 09:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Has anyone had to re-apply because their original EDD ran out and now they are getting the additional 13 weeks under the “Cares Act”? If so, what is the process? Thanks
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

OCsubinCA

Cc96....
Old 09-10-2020, 12:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

CC96....Go to the CA EDD website and look under ‘COVID-19 FAQ’s’. Scroll down to ‘Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation’ (PEUC). It explains a few different scenarios as to how to get the 13-week extension. For many, EDD will automatically file a PEUC extension on our regular unemployment claim.

OCsubinCA is offline   Reply With Quote

Aillya

Old 09-10-2020, 12:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Absolutely you should apply. There are things stopping you from working. And that aside, subbing this year sucks anyway. I've had like one call a month. That's not even a job, that's like a hobby lol
Aillya is offline   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 09-10-2020, 02:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I will re-certify for my final two weeks ending September 12.

I have received no notice yet about having the 13 week extension. It shows my claim balance ending this Saturday.

I am worried since this is the first time I will need to claim that I worked, although the total will only be about $175.

Only one of my three districts has started to offer work, but I am afraid this small amount is going to disqualify me for the 13 week extension.

If I do not get a notification that my claim has been extended, I will need to write EDD, since I doubt there are any live voices.

The EDD site also said we would be back paid $300 a week dating back to July 25, but I am afraid this mere $175 earned could mess this up also.

Do we still get the $300/week back paid if we have returned to work in even the slightest way?
Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

CC96

One job
Old 09-10-2020, 07:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Well, one job came up today for one of my districts, and of course I’m not qualified to take the job because number one it’s all online and I don’t have tech skills, plus I have not yet completed the district training and they said you can’t work if you don’t haven’t completed the training. Now I will have to answer on EDD that I did not take a job. I did end up resigning this afternoon from this particular district for my issues with technology and for medical reasons. Hopefully, things will work out so that I can stay with my other two districts. I really don’t want to have to start over from scratch if and when this thing comes to an end, and I really do want to work if I can.
CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote
A1substitute

A1substitute

Just filed
Old 09-24-2020, 07:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

So I just filed 9/19 before edd shut down new sign ups!
I looked next day and thought I did not do it right since no record of my sign up showing. Now 5 days later I get a email. I had to certify for 2 wks in March When schools shut down. Now I can back claim old dates and say I was available to work all this time.
Are they still making you put resume up online?

bodhimom

Old 09-25-2020, 10:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

It seemed I had to put in a resume. I uploaded one I had and that didn't work, after much time and frustration. I ended up having to fill out their resume format. Very frustrating. Would recommend just filling out their resume format. That was my experience.

bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote
A1substitute

A1substitute

filed
Old 09-29-2020, 02:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Turns out my application went through and i have certified all the weeks till school got out in June.!
Im unsure about certifying over the summer months!? Since usually subs don't get to certify over summer?
Will they still pay?
I haven't got a new edd card in mail to accept money but some the amounts for the weeks I have certified. I haven't got anything in the mail.
Only text and email.
A1substitute

A1substitute

Do you say you are looking for work in summer
Old 09-30-2020, 10:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Do you put you are always looking for work? Even over summer break?