Help

Substitute Teachers

Babysitting...

>

mrsd5

Babysitting...
Old 09-24-2020, 02:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

The teacherís children are home for 2 weeks because their daycare had a case of Covid-19. So, she is teaching from home. I had three high school science classes. First period, 2 senior AP science students out of 7. Second period, two basic science freshman students out of 9. Third period plan. And then fourth period. 9 out of 11 basic science students, mostly freshmen. Thank heavens one has gone full remote. The other is a junior who needs to pass this to graduate. The kids were mostly engaged. Every student, all day, was great about masks, social distancing, and using hand sanitizer and wipes to clean their desks. She will be gone through Wednesday next week, but Iím back to remote ďteachingĒ my grandkids. DIL and 9 year old granddaughter both tested negative, and DILís self-quarantine is over Sunday. Cancelled two jobs for Monday and Friday next week. I think the grandkidsí daycare mom will be open after next week. Her husbandís memorial was yesterday. 42 years old. So sad.

mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 09-24-2020, 03:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would be glad to do hybrid. With my county's statistics, though, it will probably be awhile. A long while. How hard can it be with half the students?
bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

So far, not bad.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The other time I subbed, all work was on Google Classroom and kids did The work independently. One period had co-teacher (special ed push in), so the entire class met on Google. She did a good job. Iím guessing that I will be getting lots of jobs from teachers taking mental health days, though.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote