Substitute Teachers

Overkill

>

Beech49

Beech49

Overkill
Old 09-28-2020, 09:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I've had a bunch of "trainings" for Covid 19. If I hear "wash your hands and sanitize" again, I will go crazy. When the CDC says that only six percent of all U.S. Covid deaths showed no comorbidities, it really makes me wonder why the schools aren't opening up in a somewhat normal manner. Mask wearing and shaming with an obsession of sanitizing items all day is complete overkill and insanity. This is psychologically unhealthy for humans. Heads of state, cities, and school districts talk about the importance of the science, yet ignore the fact that we have a much higher chance of dying from an auto accident or even walking across the street than we do dying from this bad flu. A .05 percent chance of dying from Covid is not enough reason for me to close and mask up society. That percentage is including deaths with comorbidities, and again the chances of death go much lower without them. I don't think I'll be able to teach wearing a mask while looking at a classroom full of masked children. These new "safety" precautions are straight out of bizarre science fiction novel or a 1979 Devo video.

Fractured

Old 09-29-2020, 02:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This isn’t the place to vent about your doubts about Covid. If you can’t wear a mask, don’t teach. Save the propaganda for your Facebook page. Anti masking and whataboutism are asinine talking points.
Fractured is offline   Reply With Quote

gradymidget

Old 09-29-2020, 04:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and feelings. However I agree with Fractured. This site especially this board is not a place to share those opinions.

If you choose not to wear a mask in the classroom...
1. You should not be teaching as you are endangering your students and yourself.
2. You are not setting an example for your students but showing them it is okay to break rules.

Are you a regular poster who signed in as a guest? If so, why as a guest?

Please think about the safety of others. Save a life not contribute to someone becoming ill.

Last edited by gradymidget; 09-29-2020 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: Error
gradymidget is offline   Reply With Quote

subasaurus

Old 09-29-2020, 04:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Wearing a mask keeps you from possibly infecting the kids or other teachers.

I imagine some parents would not be happy to hear your attitude on this.
subasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 09-29-2020, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

In my opinion, five percent of people catching this ďfluĒ is too many. Some who have survived it have had long lasting health effects that could be lifelong. You really donít care because only a few get it and die? What if one of those few was you or a loved one. I bet you would be singing a different tune then.
207,000 people dead in six months is serious. The normal flu has never taken that many lives in such a short period of time. That adds up to almost a half a million people in a year.

Please follow protocols at school. I bet you would not feel good if you infected others and they got very ill.

jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 09-29-2020, 08:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

These arguments are worthless. The car thing is pure whataboutism.

We could be at 400k dead by the end of December. Thatís a lot of people, despite what kind of decimal point you want to make it. Thousands of people have shown to have lingering effects on their heart, brains, lungs and other internal organs. The widespread damage of this disease is unknown. Some people are having strokes and dying( including young people). Iím sick of people trying to deny the science. Prolly a troll. If you arenít, get out of this line of work.

bodhimom

Old 09-30-2020, 08:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

When someone they know and love gets sick, they will change their mind, like the above poster said. It's only a matter of time. Some people have to have it spelled out for them.
bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote

PrivateEyes

So if we don't like what a person has to say
Old 10-06-2020, 04:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

we tell them their opinions are not welcome? Why wouldn't a teacher board be the place to discuss appropriate protocols for schools for COVID or any other disease?
PrivateEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 10-06-2020, 05:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Itís a troll post.

Itís not fact, itís misinformation. Iím not here to listen to anti vaxxers and maskers bitch about school policy or play down covid.

Funny you chose this thread to post on this board for maybe the first time ever, PE?