Substitute Teachers

am/pm schedule

>

Am/pm sched

Am/pm sched

am/pm schedule
Old 11-02-2020, 05:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Here the younger grades are doing a am/pm schedule now. They go to school in-person 4 days a week. Half the class goes in the AM, the other half goes in the PM. On Wed., they do all online (all distance learning).
Question: when the students go 4 days a week in-person, do subs have to do anything online (like take attendance online, do microsoft teams online, teach live online, etc.)?

Ima Teacher

Old 11-03-2020, 09:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The sub who is doing my in-person classes takes attendance and teaches lessons to the in-person kids. She is added into my Google Classroom as a co-teacher just in case she needs access, and the kids have her email and well as mine. They also have access to the partner teacher who teaches all the same material I do. Partner teachers are co-teachers in one another’s classes as well.

She does not have to post assignments, grade work, or do anything with the fully at-home kids or independent study kids. I do all of that beforehand. They know that if they need something on an in-person day to direct questions to the other partner teacher.

DH’s school is different because they have synchronous learning. His sub would need to run a Zoom meeting for the at home kids while class was going on. However, the independent virtual kids have their own teachers, so he doesn’t have any contact with them.

Schools have so many different configurations now that you should be ready for anything.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

For Us
Old 11-03-2020, 09:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Our schools are on AA (Wednesday virtual for all BB scheduling right now. If we have a sub, that person is the teacher, so they gave those same responsibilities throughout the day.
However, since everyone is virtual on Wednesday’s, if I were out for whatever reason, I’d still be responsible for posting the day’s assignment (a.k.a. They wouldn’t bother with a sub). If I’m out and too sick to post, we have assigned buddy teachers.
MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote
Westernrider

Westernrider

Old 11-04-2020, 03:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I was worried about the same thing, as I am not very good with the computer. I emailed the County sub office, she couldnt tell me anything. Apparently lots of other subs were worried about the same thing. A few days later we all got an email saying we would just need to monitor children in the classroom, nothing online. Yay! now I can accept jobs again.

bodhimom

Old 11-04-2020, 01:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I just told the school that I didn't know enough about computers a d I didn't want to set myself up for failure. She said she respected that and would let me know when in-person jobs came up, if they did. I told her I had been checking the school website. Now I have 3 jobs next week. Not sure what to expect, but they are supposed to be "in-person."

bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote