Is anyone familiar with this program?

>

CC96

Is anyone familiar with this program?
Old 11-19-2020, 09:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

FED-ED Extension
CA EDD

With new legislative changes adopted in California, the Federal-State Extended Duration (FED-ED) extension provides up to 20 weeks of additional benefits for people who used all of their unemployment benefits during a period of high unemployment. The legislative changes also allow California to maximize federal support and meet the high unemployment period requirements under federal law to add an additional seven weeks to the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program. That now makes the maximum benefits available on a PUA claim a total of up to 46 weeks.

The 20 weeks of FED-ED benefits can only be paid during the extended benefit period, which is based on the state’s unemployment rate, and only after people have collected all regular Unemployment Insurance benefits as well as any Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) extension benefits they were eligible for. The earliest a FED-ED claim can begin is May 10, 2020, but the first people who could be eligible collected all benefits on their PEUC claims at the end of June.

The FED-ED program will continue until California’s unemployment rate drops below a certain level. At this time, there is no end date for the extended benefit period. This page will be updated when the extended benefit period ends.

CC96 is offline   Reply With Quote

bodhimom

Old 11-20-2020, 11:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I wouldn't say I'm familiar with the program, but I'm on the extension.

I'm glad you put up the info. People might not know about it and it's hard to navigate the system to know what we're entitled to.
bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 11-21-2020, 02:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

All states have it as far as I know. You usually have to make 40 times your base weekly amount to qualify for it. Some use a different quarter system to see what you earned. You also canít turn down any work offered to you and I think they actually check up with work places you have listed that you applied to. Once the Unemployment rate goes back to a certain rate, you no longer qualify.

A lot of people in my state do not qualify for this.
Fractured is offline   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 11-22-2020, 07:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

What if one has not used all their claim benefits by May 10?

I have about $3500 left on my 13 week extention, but the more we work, the longer the claim drags on. What if I still have a balance on May10.? I suspect I would not qualify.

I also tried to explain to EDD on my recertification form that I could not work due to illness since I was in the hospital nine days, and then recovering at home. I could not work from October 26 through November 13, but I kept getting error messages since EDD wanted to tie this in to workers compensation.
I just gave up and changed it to reflect I had no work during this time.
Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote
concenedsu

concenedsu

Are you okay?
Old 11-23-2020, 07:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

What happened? Why were you admitted?
How are you feeling now?Hope you feel better :-)

Sirsubalot

Old 11-26-2020, 09:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I was admitted for appendicitis and my appendix burst during surgery or just before.

My surgery was moved back eight hours since the surgical team had an emergency surgery just
as they were wheeling me in for my surgery.

The eight hour delay could have been a disaster, so I hope this truly was an emergency I got bumped for. The delay might have been what cost me thousands of extra dollars and and many more recovery days.
Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sweetsunset

Healing wishes to you.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Sirsubalot:
That must've been scary, I hope you're doing much better and healing much.
Sweetsunset is offline   Reply With Quote