Help

Fifth Grade

Math Penpals

>

pinkshopper

Math Penpals
Old 06-20-2011, 11:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'll be teaching a 5th grade Math class next year and I would love to find penpals for my class that strictly relates to Math. I've done this in the past and the kids love it. Of course the kids can start off by introducing them-self to their pen-pal and then they would make up their own word problems to share with their penpal. The penpal answers the word problems and writes their penpal back some word problems.....they correct the word problems (share answers in the following letter) and continue to send word problems back and forth throughout the year.

This may sound confusing as I explain it but the kids really enjoy this and love getting letters from their penpals each month. I find it a fun way to add some excitement to our everyday math classes!

If anyone is interested let me know!

pinkshopper is offline   Reply With Quote

nlovetexas

Math Penpals
Old 06-20-2011, 03:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi,
I would love to do this with your class. I have done this before and my kids always looked forward to getting their letters and Math problems. Do you teach just one class? I teach 3 classes but could do it with my top group. I will have about 27 in my class next year. Do you want to do the corresponding by regular mail? I have done that and it works out fine. Just let me know if you want to do it with us. Oh, I am in Texas, where are you from?
nlovetexas is offline   Reply With Quote

pinkshopper

Old 06-22-2011, 10:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We're located just outside Boston, Ma.... I will have only 16 5th grade students. Send me a private message and we can figure out details!
pinkshopper is offline   Reply With Quote

nlovetexas

Pen Pals
Old 06-23-2011, 05:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

How do I send you a private email?
nlovetexas is offline   Reply With Quote