Help

Fourth Grade

Looking for a better next year

>

azteacher100

Looking for a better next year
Old 03-19-2015, 05:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Well, my contract did not get renewed for next year. Funny thing is I am relieved as this district I am in wants to put all the blame on teachers and does not have the manpower or resources to help these kids. I feel more bad for them than for myself because I know I will get another position at a better school next year and these kids are stuck with slashed education budgets and just not enough support outside the classroom.

Thinking of heading back to New York to teach as AZ is just such as bad state for education. The state has ranked 47th for almost a decade and just wants to find scapegoats and excuses. Teachers seem to be underpaid, unappreciated and under-resourced in the classroom. I know there are good school in the Phoenix area and good teachers but it seems to all get lost in the politics.

Also, i have so many of these standards to still teach after break and we have 3 weeks until the state testing. I am just going to go with mt gut and teach as I was taught. Seems like it just takes to long to unwrap some of these standards in common core (which seems like it may be leaving AZ after this year) and help the kids who are behind best I can.

azteacher100 is offline   Reply With Quote