Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

If you use ota antenna need advice

>

sonoma

If you use ota antenna need advice
Old 09-13-2019, 08:37 PM

I am a recent cord cutter and I thought I had it all figured out but I am stumped and customer service phone is closed.

I have sling and use an ota antenna to get broadcast channels. I am in a great location relative to the tv towers and get over 100 stations.

I came home today and tried to watch cbs and it is gone. I rescanned. Still gone. All the other channels are here but cbs.

Do you have any idea why this happened and how to get it back?

sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

jov

Old 09-13-2019, 08:57 PM

I also had trouble with CBS (and PBS) after we all had to rescan on August 3rd. I googled it and read that they were aware of the problem and working on it.

I have one of those leaf antennas. I waited for a sunny cloudless day, opened up my window blinds all the way, and rescanned both TVs for the umpteenth time. It worked for my main TV, but not my bedroom one. I just don't know if it was my doing or them. As for PBS, they switched the main channel (2-1) to one of their minor channels (2-3) and now I get that too.
jov is offline   Reply With Quote

teach123

Old 09-14-2019, 05:57 AM

Our local CBS station talked about this last night. They need taller antennas and everything should be ok by Oct. is what they reported. If you get a chance, try www.wraltv.com. I think that is their site. I am sure it is frustrating.
teach123 is offline   Reply With Quote