Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

5th Grade Theme

>

nlovetexas

5th Grade Theme
Old 06-30-2011, 05:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have a theme for 5th graders? I teach 5th grade Math but the 3 of us do the same theme no matter what we teach. Last year we did 'POP into 5th grade" and we had a big popcorn bucket spilling out popcorn with their names on it for the door. We also had jobs and other things around the room with that theme. Trying to come up with a new and catchy title for this coming year. Any ideas or websites I could go on and get some ideas. Thanks for any help you can offer.

nlovetexas is offline   Reply With Quote

BamaBabe

Our entire school
Old 07-01-2011, 12:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

is doing a "sports" theme - with the school banner "Join Our Team". Each grade is a different sport. This theme is extremely easy to do because of the tons of sports items available. 2012 is also the year for the summer olympics so you might want to pick a sport represented there. Some ideas "Fifth Grade is a Ball". Since you have three in your group one teacher could be baseball, football, basketball, etc. We are putting quotations from famous athletes in our hallway. My favorite so far has been from Lance Armstrong - Pain is temporary, but quitting is forever. Beth Newingham has a website with several themes on it. Just google her name.
BamaBabe is offline   Reply With Quote

tigerpride

Hollywood
Old 07-02-2011, 06:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've done a Hollywood theme before. There were three classes and we named each class: Rodeo Dr., Hollywood Blvd., and Sunset Blvd. We took pictures of the kids with shades on and on the door put Star Struck. We even had a teacher use a red carpet at the entrance of the door.
tigerpride is offline   Reply With Quote

swilliams214

Classroom Theme
Old 07-04-2011, 07:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Our team did Sports last year and each teacher had a specific sport: Science = tennis, Reading = Baseball, Social Studies = Football, and Math = Basketball. We had a banner that said "Welcome to the 5th Grade Team" and underneath was jerseys with their names on it, pennats that said "Coach's Corner," etc. I have a scrapbook slideshow on my website with the pictures if you want to check out my room (Reading). www.misswilliams5.weebly.com

This year we are doing a travel theme... We haven't ironed out all the details but probably something like "Welcome to your next adventure" - Look where Reading can take you... things like that.

Good luck!
swilliams214 is offline   Reply With Quote
havoc82

havoc82

Hollywood
Old 07-04-2011, 03:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

What if you do a "Fifth Grade Stars" theme. You can have gold stars with their names movie wheels etc..