Help

Fourth Grade

Dibels Core Instruction

>

bubbleepink

Dibels Core Instruction
Old 02-23-2015, 02:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What do you use for your core instruction that will support DIBELS testing? I started at a new school in January before I was trained or knew anything about DIBELS - after the MOY assessments came back I want to actually do something useful with it.

my DAZE scores out of 19 students:
Green - 5
Yellow - 6
Red - 8 (of these 8 - 3 are modified IPP, 1 is adapted IPP, 3 ESL, 1 has no special needs considerations)

My DORF scores
Group 1 Core Support 11
Group 2 Fluency - 1
Group 3 Reading comp - 1
Group 4 Both - 6

My timetable for language looks like this

Mon
1 hour

Tues/wed/thurs/fri
45 min

Everyday after lunch I also have 10 minutes of language (they do silent reading during this time). \

I do have a balanced reading "program" available to me, but I would also like to do guided reading. I feel like I have so many needs in my class that I don't know where to start right now.

Suggestions? Comments? Advice?

Thanks
BP

bubbleepink is offline   Reply With Quote

rlyndecker

19???
Old 03-07-2015, 02:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You have 19 students???? I WISH. I have 29 and we are DIBELS too.

For your green I would suggest letting them do a literature circle. So far it actually seems to be working for me.

Fluency is easy- just do leveled timed passages and have them practice practice practice. My students love it, I have them time each other, practice with me, practice with each other etc.

There's different camps- I am required to do 30 min. of "intervention" a day and some people want to do the leveled passages all 30 minutes a day all 4 days a week but I can't do that with the group I work with so I vary it- I do guided comprehension, vocabulary and passages. Whatever I feel like and my group needs basically fluency and comprehension but then I also have 2 EL's so they need vocab (and the other 3 in my group are low so the vocab doesn't hurt them either!).
rlyndecker is offline   Reply With Quote