Help

BusyBoard

Need 6 semester credit hours...

>

busterb

Need 6 semester credit hours...
Old 05-04-2018, 10:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

...to renew my grades 1-8 certificate next school year. (I need to renew in June 2019) I already have a master’s degree so I’m looking for continuing education courses- I’ve always taken classes from Fresno Pacific University online- but I have 2 colleagues who are having problems with the instructors & communication.

Looking for recommendations for easy and not super expensive courses to take online.

Last edited by busterb; 05-04-2018 at 08:25 PM..
busterb is offline   Reply With Quote

smithf1

Suggestion for you
Old 05-05-2018, 03:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Many, many people in my district have been taking courses through Laverne (Univerity of). They are inexpensive and online and you have a year to complete the reading and other work.

Best wishes.

Last edited by smithf1; 05-05-2018 at 03:43 AM.. Reason: Mistake noticed
smithf1 is offline   Reply With Quote

MissusRainy

6 Credit hours
Old 05-05-2018, 03:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am currently taking my second course in a matter of two months through University of Colorado-Pueblo. Siedow Teacher Education - Larry Siedow is the instructor. It costs under $400 for 3 credit hours. It is not exactly on-line. They send you a book, a rubric and a set of questions to answer. It took about 35 hours to complete the first course I took. Hope this helps!
MissusRainy is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 05-05-2018, 07:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I just took a bunch of courses through Learner's Edge to bump myself up to the MA+20 column. Your total cost for 2 three credit courses would be around $800. You can get a bigger discount if you can get a coworker to sign up with you.

The classes are all online and self-paced. They send you a textbook and you just have to read and answer questions. At first it seemed like a decent amount of work, but I quickly realized that I didn't really have to put a lot of thought/effort into it and was able to finish entire 3 credit classes in just a couple of days- maybe 3-5 hours work total per class, and continued to get perfect grades. If you are someone that wants to read very carefully, take notes, be very thoughtful about the assignments, etc. you can expect to spend longer but it's still not bad.

I would make sure you double check with HR if you're somewhere where you can get a pay bump for completing more hours. Learner's Edge has numerous colleges you can choose from to get your transcript from and my district would only accept courses from CSU-Pueblo because it's regionally accredited. My teammate and I were talking to a sped team from another school and some of them had literally taken the exact same courses as us, but HR had denied them because of the school their transcript came from.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

cassie99

Old 05-06-2018, 05:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Professional development institute. My district accepts this and Iíve been able to complete the 20 units I needed this year to move over columns. The classes go on sale regularly.
https://www.webteaching.com/

cassie99 is offline   Reply With Quote

busterb

Thank you
Old 05-06-2018, 07:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

For all of the great ideas!!! Now to see which ones our district will accept!
busterb is offline   Reply With Quote

ccsteacher001

Teacher CEU Toolbox
Old 06-03-2018, 03:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

This online company only charges about $50 per credit. They have 30 different self paced online courses. They are accredited through a university. You would want to check with your district to make sure that the credits would be accepted but it seems like a good option.
ccsteacher001 is offline   Reply With Quote