Help

The Job Search

Follow ups

>

ellenroo

Follow ups
Old 05-14-2019, 06:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So I did what to me is scary. I sent a follow up email to a district I really want to get into. I feel like I sent it too long after the first few contacts but you never know. They have these positions open but they are notorious for waiting to interview till July when school starts the first week of August. I'm terrified that I'll be jobless next year, but we'll see. I'm a K-12 specials teacher and only have experience in high schools. I desperately want to move to elementary. I'm a tiny person and have an elementary personality. I wish follow ups were not a thing because they give me so much anxiety. Am I saying the right thing? Did I wait too long? Did I not wait long enough since they don't usually interview till July? At what point do I give up hope on this job? Should I go ahead and apply at Walmart? These are the questions I ask myself.

ellenroo is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 05-14-2019, 04:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I apologize because I haven't been following your job search journey so far. You're an art teacher, right? In Mississippi?
Are you definitely not coming back to your current school next year?
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

ellenroo

Old 05-15-2019, 04:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am. I've resigned from my current school. My health was taking a hit between the long drive and stress that this particular school provides. I want to teach elementary but most of all I want to have a job lined up and pay my house off. lol
ellenroo is offline   Reply With Quote