Help

Second Grade

10 students, 45 minutes

>

rachelmpd

10 students, 45 minutes
Old 09-16-2013, 05:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our students are being CELDT tested (English Proficiency test in CA) tomorrow and Wednesday. I have 13/23 being test, which leaves me with 10 students (mostly high) on Tuesday for about 45 minutes and I think 11 on Wednesday (supposed to get a new student, who needs the test, but doubt our tester will be organized enough to get him tested). Today we had 30 minutes before recess and about 20 after recess. Before recess I showed them some of the literacy games. After recess they did a writing assignment that got them out of their seats ("Swap the Squiggle"- It was a freebie from someone and my kids love it, so whomever posted it on their blog or here, thanks!).

So what should I do Tuesday and Wednesday????

rachelmpd is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 09-17-2013, 03:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Interesting dilemma! Can you do a read-aloud before recess and have a writing assignment afterwards? I was thinking that they could do a reading response possibly. Or they could rewrite the story with a twist (I was thining read a fairy tale and have them retell the story from a different character's point of view).
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

rachelmpd

Thanks
Old 09-17-2013, 04:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The time seems to go by fast. Today we finished up our stories from yesterday. They worked a little bit on the Constitution stuff we did not get finished (now when the rest of the class finishes, who knows) and I finally started to let them put up stickers for the Mad Minutes they have passed (we have done 20 and some pass each time, so they had a lot of stickers to do).

Maybe tomorrow I will do a read aloud/response.

Thanks.
rachelmpd is offline   Reply With Quote