Help

ARCHIVE

Reading Rewards

>

Kish

Reading Rewards
Old 08-25-2007, 06:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone use a reading incentive program? I was wanting to set something up myself within the classroom. I have the reward stickers and the small charts, but have hit a brain freeze beyond that. Any ideas would be great to hear!
Thanks!

Kish is offline   Reply With Quote

Cheresa

Old 08-25-2007, 06:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We do a reading sleepover in May if they read 100 books. I teach 2nd grade. We sleep over in the school library. The get prizes and food that night too. It's really fun!
I use to give them little things every 10 books, but that go very difficult. This is so much easier.
Cheresa is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

Old 08-25-2007, 07:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We use Accelerated Reader and the students receive points for books. Then twice a year the points are used to purchase items at the "A.R. Store". Our P.T.A. donates all sorts of things the kids love buying. It is really nice because the PTA does all the work. Teachers just have to show up with their class at the appointed time. Since this only happens twice a year they also receive dogtags and books as small rewards along the way.

In class if my students do their 20 minutes of reading each week night they are invited to "Lunch Bunch". That just means they get to eat in our classroom with me rather than in the cafeteria. They love it!
1956BD is offline   Reply With Quote