Help

ARCHIVE

Behavior Sheet

>

lindseylou

Behavior Sheet
Old 07-20-2007, 07:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Crazy question, all the teachers in my grade do very simple things along the classroom management line. They basically put the child's name on the board to walk at recess if they are misbehaving. I think this is extremely ineffective. I think that we need to (like all grades except us, first grade) have card flipping or something. Well, at one time I had seen a template that stayed in the foler, a sort of weekly thing, it said somethign along the lines of this is a note from me to you, if I have a message to send I will write it here and if you would please initial it, if you have a note for me, do the same. I cannot find that template anymore and cannot word it correclty. It seemed like a good form that I could just use since htey don't want to change. They honestely just don't want to create more work for themselves.

lindseylou is offline   Reply With Quote

TerryT

I think just writing the name on the
Old 07-20-2007, 08:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

board isn't enough on it's own, but can be effective combined with other techniques.
I used it with other things, like group points, behavior bingo, stop and think sheets, and so on. The name on the board was a very visual reminder that the student needed to be more aware of his/her behavior. It also helped me remember who was no longer eligible for free time, or whatever.
I'm sorry I don't have any info about the template you mentioned. I would be interested in it as well.
TerryT is offline   Reply With Quote

kidsrme11

Behavior bingo?
Old 07-20-2007, 11:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Can you explain what Behavior Bingo entails?
kidsrme11 is offline   Reply With Quote

GoTeachers

stop light
Old 07-20-2007, 01:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use a stop light system. My hubby made one out of wood (some teachers use poster board and laminate). I have clothes pins with their names on it and they of course start in green. I color in their stop light at the end of the day (later in the year they do it). This sheet stays in the B.E.E books (take home binder) and is initialed each night by the parents. There is a place for their comments as well. I attached a copy of what I use and maybe this will help.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Go for the Green behavior sheet.doc (30.5 KB, 311 views)
GoTeachers is offline   Reply With Quote

TerryT

GoTeachers
Old 07-20-2007, 04:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thanks for the stop light sheet. I really like the idea of having something like that to send home so parents can see how their children are doing.

TerryT

Behavior Bingo
Old 07-20-2007, 04:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

There are a few versions of Behavior Bingo. The one I use I got off of Pro Teacher last year. I purchased a 100's chart from the Teacher store and then printed out and cut up numbers 1-100 which I keep in a ziplock near the chart. I tell the kids that if I catch them doing something great, as a class, I will pull a number. Rather than try to stick the numbers onto the chart, I just used a dry-erase marker to put an X on the number. If the kids get a Bingo, one line vertically, horizontally or diagonally, they get a party, or anything you want as a reward.
It worked really well for class motivation. The kids loved it when I recognized how well they walked down the hall, how hard they were currently working, how quickly they cleaned up after themselves, etc. I had a very challenging group last year and it took them until December to get their first Bingo, but even less time for the next one.
If you are interested, try archiving Behavior Bingo, or just do as I did.

Linda

Behavior Charts
Old 07-20-2007, 05:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have used different behavior charts and managment strategies over the years. I have a pocket chart where the kids flip their color if they misbehave. I also have a couple of behavior charts that are sent home each evening. I am going to attach them. The ABC's of my day - I used last year...but with copies being limited...I am going to go to the monthly chart this year.
Attached Files
File Type: doc The ABC of my day.doc (36.5 KB, 144 views)
File Type: doc Behavior Chart - Monthly.doc (29.0 KB, 142 views)
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Joanie10es

Joanie10es

Old 07-20-2007, 05:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I use a variation of the stop light. I have a board with numbers on it from one to 25. Each student has a number (used for multiple purposes). I just give each student a number as they walk through the door. This way, in the middle of the year when I get a new student, I don't get upset about having someone out of alphabetical order - since I use number order! So, each student has a library pocket card with a number on it attached to a foam board. When the class is behaving particularly well, I give everyone a green stick and name the task they are being rewarded for. When I want to reprimand someone who is beginning to go off task, I "reward" students who are doing the right thing (and name what it is they are doing right. If the off task student doesn't shape up right away, I take away a green stick. If the student has no green sticks, they have to get a red one. I teach in an urban setting with a lot of behavoiral issues, and even my worst behavior cases seem to respond to this. At the end of the day, I "reward" my students with 3 green sticks with an "x" on a behavior chart. At the end of the day, anyone with three red sticks gets a phone call home. It sounds difficult, but most of the primary teachers at my school are doing this now and they love it. The kids like it because they get a chance to "shape up" with a gentle reminder. (oh, eventually, I give them something for their x's on the behavior chart - - )

kidzrgr8

Template
Old 07-21-2007, 05:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I'm sorry to say I don't have the template you were looking for. But maybe this will help. I would place a calendar on the front page of their BEE book. I would create the calendar on the computer. If a child did not misbehave I would stamp a smiley face or some kind of seasonal stamp on the date. If a child pulled a card I would write in the square what the child did to pull the card or cards. At the end of the month I would take the calendars up and put in the new months. Then at the end of the 9 weeks I could look back over these to help me decide on conduct grades. The leader was also able to help by stamping everyone’s calendar that had not pulled a card for the day while I wrote in the ones who had pulled cards. This also lets the parents know exactly how their child is behaving so there will be no surprises at the end of the 9 weeks.
kidzrgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherdani21

Old 07-21-2007, 01:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I am thinking of doing something similar to kidzrgr8. I made a template on the computer that is like a calendar. Each day, the child will put a green, yellow, blue, or red dot sticker on the calendar depending on how their day was (or I might have them color in the box). The calendar will be in their BEE binder so parents will see it every night.
I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but here is a template of the chart and a letter that I will be sending to parents explaining the behavior system.

Attached Files
File Type: doc Behavior Chart.doc (36.5 KB, 266 views)
teacherdani21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda

What does BEE stand for?
Old 07-23-2007, 06:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I've seen it on a couple of posts...I'm sure it's something cute...I just can't think of what it stands for (besides - Behavior...)
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote

BevAnn

Old 07-23-2007, 08:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

B.E.E. stands for Bring Everything Everyday. There's a whole list of other acronyms at this site.

http://www.smithsroom.com/MOOSE_Acronyms.htm#B

We used E.A.G.L.E.S. binders last year (our school mascot) for Everything a Great Learner Expects (for) Success. This year I'm doing a S.T.A.R. binder for Students Taking Academic Responsibility because I'm doing a Hollywood theme.

Bev
http://www.teacherweb.com/NM/Pajarit...BeverlyRomero/
BevAnn is offline   Reply With Quote

Kaylen

great site
Old 07-24-2007, 03:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Wow Bev! What a great site you have--I'm going to bookmark it if you don't mind. I just checked it out real quick, but I'll certainly be back. What a great theme!
Kaylen is offline   Reply With Quote