Help

Special Education

new job

>

ethootsgrl

new job
Old 05-23-2010, 05:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

ive been moved from a middle school resource job to a high school functional job. i will be 1 of 2 functional teachers at this high school and the other functional teacher, although he does not like functional, is keeping the higher level functional students on his caseload. im great with that because i love love love the lower level students but i think it is going to leave me with just two students on my caseload. i am very confused by what is going to happen next year (scheduling, can i do community based instruction?, supplies/curriculum, students, paras...) and i have e-mailed my coordinator multiple times and have not received an answer back. i asked about my caseload and her response was that she didnt have time to deal with it yet and i would find out later. the end of the school year is approaching and i would like to know about my students so i can begin to prepare for next year. also, my new principal was asking me questions about my caseload and schedule so that he can assign general education kids to work in my room throughout the day. i know things will always change a little in august but i would like some sort of information! nothing seems to get her attention...any advice?

ethootsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote

jeejer

Old 05-23-2010, 08:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Maybe let your coordinator know the questions the principal has. Suggest that you'd be happy to answer the principal questions when you know from the her, but of course she can deal with the principal if she'd rather. Let her know you will pass on her email to the principal if you don't hear from her but you'd like to "take care of these queries for her."
jeejer is offline   Reply With Quote