Help

Special Education

what are your thoughts?

>

mundaymoose

what are your thoughts?
Old 07-02-2010, 06:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been the lead 4th grade teacher for the last five years, and have done all of the work. This summer I took the ESY Spec Ed job and love it! The position will actually be open next week and I have been asked if I was going to applu for it. My thoughts are that I have som much time in 4th grade that I should just just hold out until the two driving me crazy move on ( one will retire soon, she says)I am so unsure of what to do . It has been 7 years since I have taught Spec Ed. Do you feel the stress is the same as I have now? Or do you feel it is a different kind? Right now I am in charge of everything all the testing in my level, trips, findraisers, etc....and always get all of the grief when the otehrs do not do their job. My room is fabulous though and my family and I have worked very hard, do you fell the switch would be well worth it?! Thanks for your thoughts!

mundaymoose is offline   Reply With Quote

schooldaze

what are your thoughts?
Old 07-02-2010, 06:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It has been 4 years since I taught special ed, and I am making the move back.
I am excited! I have taught 4th, 5th, and 1st grade gen ed. There have been
some changes in special ed, but by being in gen ed you'll do fine! I say go for it.
Just my thought on the change.
schooldaze is offline   Reply With Quote

dee

I say go for it!
Old 07-02-2010, 09:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have done both gen ed and sped. The stress level is the same, just a different kind.

You don't say what kind of sped you are doing. I could not personally do an all emotional/behavioral class. That would be too draining for me, but I love working with kids with moderate academic difficulties like dyslexia and other issues.

Even if the two driving you crazy were to move on next year, you never know who would come in.....
dee is online now   Reply With Quote