Help

Magnolia Room

Afternoon Meeting today

>

damarnfl

Afternoon Meeting today
Old 09-22-2010, 04:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Today we couldn't have Morning Meeting. Long story, but suffice it to say another teacher had my class for the morning while I did assessment. When I told the students we wouldn't be able to have MM today because of this, they all said, "Awwww." Then someone asked if we could have it after lunch instead which we did. I can't believe that after 12 days they are that into MM. Oh yeah, I had a parent join us for MM yesterday and she loved it!

I'm loving it and everything else that I've done so far with RC!!!! Just thought I'd share.

rSquirrel

Woohoo
Old 09-22-2010, 05:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I too have seen my class making big gains and we have only been in school for 9 days!

This is my first year at this school and the EA's in my class have known my kids for a while. I have 4 with ADHD, 2 with global delay, one who is a selective mute, 1 with FAS and the list goes on. They said they are amazed at what they have seen. The listening at the carpet ( which hasn't been easy...LOTS of reinforcing and reminding..) and the flow of the class is dramatically different from last year. ( my kids are in a 1, 2, 3...so are with each other for 3 years.)

It made me feel so good. I have been going home every night exhausted and worried that I am not doing a good job. I am a second year teacher and at times feel like I am treading water just so I dont drown!

I am so happy to see someone else seeing the benefits of RC ...even if I sometimes can only see whats wrong!

Keep up the good work everyone!