Help

Magnolia Room

Conduct grades

>

chasey

Conduct grades
Old 10-11-2010, 02:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm at a lost. Our school has just started RC this year, and I'm not prepared and do not know what to do when it comes to having a conduct grade. Since we are not"supposed" to make them flip a card, move a color, sign a book....etc than how are we supposed to get an accurate score/measure on their behavior in class. (seriously, I have the date, and still get them to sign a book) I could never remember day to day...esp with my active class.

This whole new thing process for classroom management is just making me want to find a new career. I'm really not enjoying it, maybe it's just the very active/talkative class I have this year added to all of this hehe

rSquirrel

Old 10-11-2010, 05:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You have to give a grade at report card time? Or more often?

I pretty much know my kiddos behaviour and who talks..who doesnt...who fidgets..cant focus..etc

Maybe doing anecdotal records on them might help.. Keep a binder and at the end of the day set apart a couple minutes to write about conduct. Have them do a self reflection about their behaviour at the end of the day or for reports.

chasey

well..
Old 10-12-2010, 08:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

it's E, S, or NI which is dumb in my opinion and is hard to understand for a parent I would think. Anyways, this whole RC this year makes me want to just find another career!