I will be meeying with two people before my formal interview, what should I expect? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Special Education

I will be meeying with two people before my formal interview, what should I expect?

>

MnToCa

I will be meeying with two people before my formal interview, what should I expect?
Old 07-20-2016, 08:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I applied for am EBD position even though my license is for K-6. The position is for middle and highigh scool. I spoke with one of the people over the phone before I applied for about 15min. He emailed me today asking if I could meet with him and another teacher to discus my situation since I do not have a SPED license. He wants to meet before they set up a formal interview. What does this mean and what should I expect?

MnToCa is offline   Reply With Quote

NewCAteacher

Screening?
Old 07-20-2016, 11:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This could be a screening interview. Judging from your username, it sounds like you live in CA I had one of these types of "meetings" before setting up a formal interview. During the meeting, they asked about my experience with SPED and what kind of credential I had. I'm not sure why they couldn't have just asked this in a regular, formal interview, haha. However, I still treated it like it was a professional interview

To be honest, it does not surprise me that the admin would like to meet you before proceeding with a formal interview. EBD is a very...unique area of Special Education. One of my SPED teacher friends (her specialty is working with the EBD population) had one of these screenings when applying to an EBD job. She said they essentially wanted to make sure she was fully aware of what the job would entail; they didn't want someone coming in and feeling totally blindsided and ultimately quitting midyear.

Good luck to you!
NewCAteacher is offline   Reply With Quote