Ideas for curriculum for Alternate Assessment students?? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Special Education

Ideas for curriculum for Alternate Assessment students??

>

moeman

moeman

Ideas for curriculum for Alternate Assessment students??
Old 06-02-2010, 11:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi all!

I am moving from teaching intervention in 3rd grade to 5th grade next year. It will be the first time that I have students on my case load who will receive alternate assessment. They are significantly low (just learning letter/sound correspondence, number identification, sequencing, etc.)
Does anyone have any ideas on how to support these kiddos in the classroom. I work in a co-teaching environment where I will have about 8-9 students on IEP's in each class at a time to manage as well. I want to be able to still co-teach and not work one on one the majority of my time in LA or Math with just one student. If you have been in this situation before, what are some things, materials, you have used to manage both the needs of the AA students who cannot participate in the classroom curriculum and the students on IEP's who need support from the IVS to access the currciulum? Are there any sites out there that offer supplementary materials that I could perhaps create a packet for these individuals, or online games?? I need some suggestions!

kshaw

check out
Old 06-02-2010, 01:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

www.fcrr.org They have free printable reading centers for different levels / skills.
kshaw is offline   Reply With Quote