Help

Special Education

CTT (Collaborative Team Teaching)

>

crayon14

CTT (Collaborative Team Teaching)
Old 06-09-2010, 01:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi, I just found out that I'm going to be teaching in a CTT class next year and I'm so excited!

Wondering if any of you team teach, and how your experiences have been.

Thanks!

crayon14 is offline   Reply With Quote

mom23kids

Me too!
Old 06-09-2010, 03:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I never team taught and I'm a little nervous. I'm a neat freak, I hope she's on the neat side. I like my partner so that's good. I have so many questions too. I'm wondering how planning works? Who teaches what? What grade are you teaching? I'm teaching 3rd grade..4 iep students and 12 general ed students and us 2 teachers full time!
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote

crayon14

Old 06-09-2010, 05:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm teaching 4th grade. We don't know the breakdown of the class yet, but I'm hoping it's close to yours! After 2 years of teaching a self contained class I cannot wait to have such a great mixture of students.

I also have a ton of questions. I student taught in a CTT classroom so I've seen it work, but I think the planning and everything is usually up to the teachers. I've already decided that I think it's important that we share the teaching of all of the subjects. I really do not want the kids to think of one of us as the reading teacher and one of us as the math teacher..and plus, I really enjoy teaching both!

Hoping we are given some PD or direction at school, but I'm not counting on it..
crayon14 is offline   Reply With Quote

grace slick

me too
Old 07-06-2010, 01:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

ladies, all I can say is I am JEALOUS! I have team taught but never in the classroom full time....You should have a great time...don't worry, as I said in the other thread communicate, communicate communicate....Since it is summer you may want to contact the teacher and ask her to coffee to discuss bother of your expectations.
grace slick is offline   Reply With Quote

annieruth

One bad apple spoils the bunch (LOL!)
Old 01-22-2012, 03:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Hello...I am CTT in second grade this year for the first time....I have not enjoyed it as much as I have heard others say. I don't if the reason is because...#1. I taught kindergarten for ALL of my 11 years of teaching until I was TOLD I was being placed in second grade this year. I was not happy at all about the new placement. However, I have come to enjoy the differences and maturity level of the kids and their ability to do things that kindergarten could not. However #2. Second grade is all new to me. The standards, language and vocabulary that is expected to be used is different. I am learning a lot in just this first year. But it has been a trial and error thing for both myself and my Co-teacher. I could not ask for a better co-teacher. She has been great and has tremendously great ideas for modifications for the SpEd kids....#3. Our classroom consists of a total of 15 students (6 SpEd and 9 RegEd EIP). Of the 6 SpEd, 4 are on or below even a kindergarten level reading/comprehension and 3 of them are on or below kindergarten level in math. That makes QUITE a difference in many areas: planning, modifications, grades, grouping, etc....Anyway...I am looking forward to having it by myself next year..in fact, I think I may even have a full class of reg ed (no EIP)...That will be much different for me as for the past 7 or so years I have taught strictly EIP students...several of whom tested out for SpEd....So to have children without limited learning will be a treat for me....Although I will be looking at a class of possibly 25 as opposed to the 15 I have been used to having....But being able to set my own routine, management, grades, planning, etc... the way I choose is what I am looking forward to...I don't know how your classroom is set up, but in my classroom, we (myself as the RgEd and my co as the SpEd) are in the room together all day everyday. So we juggle the ideas that sometimes work and sometimes dont work....Another opposition for us is the fact that my co has never taught second grade either....She started out as a third grde reg. ed....then moved to first grade sped in a collaborative setting, and now has followed that group to second grade...So, she has had no stability or ownership of anything because of change every year. Please share the ideas and arrangements you all have made with your co setting....I am interested to see how others do it...Are you and your co together all day?

annieruth is offline   Reply With Quote