Help

Magnolia Room

Give me the low down...

>

LuvAGoodBook

Give me the low down...
Old 09-06-2010, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have read a little bit about Responsive Classroom, it was a little overwhelming. This year I want to start doing a the afternoon meeting. I know you are supposed to do the morning meeting AND afternoon meeting. However, I just don't have the time for it. I was planning on when I can, having a morning meeting to give the children announcements for the day/week. The afternoon meeting, which I really want to do at the end of the day is to talk about the positive and negative things of the day. What the children felt was the best and worst thing of the day. Any suggestions or more ideas about how responsive classroom. Do I have the jist of this part?

Mrs.Lilbit

Old 09-09-2010, 05:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I just went to a weeklong workshop this past summer, so I'm still new to RC. What I can tell you, though, is it is not just a collection of teaching techniques like morning and afternoon meetings, it is a philosophy of teaching that affects every way you interact with your students. The meetings are simply tools to use to help create a positive learning community. An afternoon meeting would be a very positive way to end your day, but if I had to choose one, I would go with a fifteen minute morning meeting, just to get the day started on a positive note. If you just can't manage that, then I would stick with talking about positives at the end of the day and not discuss the negatives.
TeacherBB

TeacherBB

Old 09-17-2010, 05:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

If I were you, I would do morning instead of afternoon meeting. Setting the tone for the day is so much more important for their social emotional well-being. It would be such a nice way to start your day. I guarantee once you start mm you won't want to stop and you will see a change in your students. It isn't just teaching techniques. IT's a way of life. It's the way you speak, interact, teach and "just be" with the children. I don't do the closing meeting due to time.