Help

Magnolia Room

Students who doesn't listen!

>

MichelleEin

Students who doesn't listen!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello! I have a student who is needing contstant redirection and is not actually listening to what I'm saying. I repeat things for her almost hourly. I am using the responsive classroom approach in my classroom but am wondering if someone has some sort of rubric she could use to track her listening for the day... more of an individualized behavior plan.

Thank you!

MichelleEin

Old 09-26-2010, 05:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Anyone around? Would an individual written agreement be appropriate here?

lovinlife10

I think a rubric
Old 09-28-2010, 03:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

is a great idea. That way she can keep track of what she's doing or not doing. I have students who are frequently off task come to me after completing 3 questions on a worksheet or other task to show me that they're working. It keeps them accountable and so far it has been working. I also tell students who haven't been listening to me to ask someone else what I said. That also seems to work.

Sorry I don't have a rubric for you, but you might find that a behavior chart (the ones with the little stickers) would help. Giving her a sticker everytime she doesn't have to ask you to repeat directions might be motivating for her. Maybe you could set a goal for the day or the week. You could give her a special pencil or other little incentive if she reaches it. I would start with a goal that's attainable and then make it more and more challenging.

Hope that helped.