Help

Special Education

realistic fiction to non writers

>

vroscoe

realistic fiction to non writers
Old 06-09-2016, 06:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Using Teachers college and I have been modifying many mini lessons and finally come to an obstacle. Teaching realistic fiction to children who are alternately assessed due to non verbal intellectual disability. They cannot write nor speak....I need help thinking of ideas where I can possibly teach them how to "write"on realistic fiction....I don't think the people who write these programs are acknowledging that not all children can be accommodated.

vroscoe is offline   Reply With Quote

spedder1

Can you?
Old 06-10-2016, 04:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Can you do a fill in the blank activity using picture symbols? That is the first thing that popped into my mind. That year before I retired my district began using Unique Learning Systems. They had fill in the blank activities that I used with my students. There was one student who was significantly multiply impaired who was next to impossible to reach. I put two symbols, synonyms, on a Twin Talk. Whatever switch was activated was the word we used. It was ridiculous, but we met the letter of the law.
Kathy
spedder1 is offline   Reply With Quote