Help

Special Education

IEP progress reports question

>

DrTroop

IEP progress reports question
Old 09-06-2018, 02:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everyone, I am a high school special education teacher. I teach resource classes and have a total of two inclusion classes with two different English teachers. That means that I write goals and progress reports for the 84 special education students I have direct contact with. I recently recieved an email from the special education administrator that said I would be required to write the goals and quarterly progress reports for all the special education students in all of the classes for the two teachers I am only with for one class each. This would put me at well over 200 goals and progress reports to write, but that is not my biggest concern at the moment. How can I be expected to comment on a student's progress when I have never met them? We do not have common planning time and i only have an hour of prep a day if I'm lucky. Is this common practice? Feels really unethical if not illegal. Please advise! Thank you!

DrTroop is offline   Reply With Quote

Spedhed

Old 09-10-2018, 02:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What state are you in? Check your stateís dept of education website for operating standards for students with disabilities. There should be something in there for limits on caseloads as far as number of IEPs you are responsible for and number of kids that you can see at one time etc.
Spedhed is offline   Reply With Quote

peanut21

What??
Old 09-10-2018, 05:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thatís insane. No wonder when we get transfer students some of their ieps seem so generic. Does that mean that you write 84 ieps?
peanut21 is offline   Reply With Quote