Help

Special Education

Behavior plan help

>

Kamisc

Behavior plan help
Old 10-02-2018, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Need help with a behavior chart to motivate two students.

One is defiant in that he will not do any work- everything is too hard and he will just lay on floor.

Other is a super bright little girl who has anger issues and will just get upset out of nowhere.

I know this is vague but Im just looking for any plans that have worked for you guys. Thanks!

Kamisc is offline   Reply With Quote

panther1987

Try tying it to their interest
Old 10-03-2018, 03:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

One thing that worked for me was to tie it to an interest the student had. One young man I had was fascinated with the military. Instead of points or smiley facesm, he earned military rank. I just printed out pictuers of the stripes and they were pasted to his plan. When he got to a certain rank, I had him start earning medals because he couldn't outrank me. The change in his behavior was amazing. It always amazed me that the kid was basically working for pieces of paper but it was important to him.

Another student was taking karate so he earned karate belts. It was not quite as effective I think because the interest wasnt as strong.

Good luck!
panther1987 is offline   Reply With Quote