Help

The VENT

Current Employment Check

>

Testyteach

Current Employment Check
Old 02-21-2019, 12:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I got a phone call today about a possible job offer pending checking my references and current P. I told the P on the phone that he may call my current P, but she doesn't know me that well cause she just started this year and hasn't evaluated me as of yet. He then asked for my former P's number along with my AP's number. He preferred their cell numbers cause it's hard to get through with the secretary sometimes. I told him I would get back to him about that. I just looked through my school e-mail and found their cell numbers. I'm thinking about e-mailing him these numbers. I feel awkward about doing this though, and I hate the fact that they have to contact your current admin even though you are still working for them. What do you think? I already officially resigned for next year as family matters are the reason why I'm applying elsewhere, and I need to move come the last day of school.

Testyteach is offline   Reply With Quote

rana712

Cell numbers
Old 02-21-2019, 12:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Before giving your former P and AP's cell numbers, please contact them and ask for their permission to do so. Not only will they appreciate this courtesy, but you will also alert them to the fact that they may be receiving a call.
rana712 is offline   Reply With Quote

jov

Old 02-21-2019, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I totally agree with rana712. Please don't give out their cell phone numbers without asking first. You may get a less than glowing reference if they are blindsided.
jov is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 02-21-2019, 07:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Completely agree- do NOT give out someone's personal cell number without their permission. I don't think that would make them very happy. Contact them and let them know others have requested a direct number and that way they have a heads up and can choose what number to give.

Good luck! I hope you get the job!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Testyteach

Thank you for the advice.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I did ask my previous P and she said it would be fine for me to give her number out. I feel a lot more comfortable about her getting a potential call now. I am amazed at how hard the hiring process is, and how you really have to have all your ducks in a row upon putting in applications. I went to a job fair back in late January, and was just wanting to network and get a feel for what may be available for the upcoming school year. However at the job fair, I was team interviewed by one school and was asked if I was interested in interviewing at a later date for 2 other schools. Of course I said yes as I didn't want to lose the potential chances of upcoming employment for next year. I do want to caution everyone that going to a job fair means to be ready to interview and have all your paperwork in order. The job fairs appear to start earlier and earlier each year, so be ready so you don't have to scramble to get things together like I did. Thanks again for the excellent advice! This site is so awesome with the support it provides for us all!

Testyteach is offline   Reply With Quote