The VENT

Overwhelmed

>

Tiredxmillion

Tiredxmillion

Overwhelmed
Old 03-01-2019, 04:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I try my best to work with my kids but I can't with alll this testing in kindergarten! Oh my gosh. Not to mention so many grade level projects to do as a grade level. I was really excited to work in this grade but I'm so behind everyone else. What's the longest you've been behind on in a project?

Testyteach

All I gotta say is...
Old 03-01-2019, 12:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Kindergarten teachers are a different breed. You guys always amaze me as to how you do it. I student taught in kinder and that convinced me that I don't have it in me to teach it. I sure hope you have a paraprofessional to help you out. Don't feel bad at all if it's your first year in the grade, and try not to compare yourself with other teachers. I know this is easier said than done, but really every teacher has their strengths and weaknesses. I'm guilty of feeling the same way, and I just have to let it go.
Testyteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 03-01-2019, 06:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm curious as to what kinds of grade level projects you are expected to do? I teach kinder as well and we don't have anything like that. Do you have to do them or can you pick and choose?

As for the testing, it's so ridiculous and so much of it means nothing in kinder. I look at what I'm expected to do and where the data is going. If it's data that admin uses for something legit (like they have to turn in to the state or something) I will give a little more time and credence to that test. If it's something valid that I will use for my teaching, I do a good job. But if it's just another box I need to check and the data isn't used for anything then I just do it as quickly as possible and forget all about it. But I'm lucky that my job doesn't depend on test scores.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Zia

Old 03-01-2019, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

There really isn't any point to my post, because Sbkangas literally said my exact thoughts!
Zia is offline   Reply With Quote