Help

The VENT

change

>

elmo33

change
Old 03-29-2019, 07:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need to apply to change schools because my position is no longer working- and i'm scared about making a change and disrupting my life or family life. I haven't looked for a new job in a long time... any encouragement would be great

elmo33 is offline   Reply With Quote

TheElphaba

change is good
Old 03-29-2019, 08:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Change is a GOOD THING !!

If you are feeling afraid because of the unknown you just have to bite the bullet and start typing your resume and go for it.

Once you get going you will feel so much better about the unknown.

Good luck
TheElphaba is offline   Reply With Quote

Testyteach

I'm in the same boat
Old 03-30-2019, 03:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've had the worst couple years, and just couldn't do another year where I'm at. I got a job offer and accepted it for next year, but I'm so worried things are not going to be better, and that I'm going to bomb out. It's at a new district, school, and grade. I'm hoping that I can turn my thinking around and that this will save me wanting to stay in teaching. This is year 19 for me, and I can't believe how much teaching has changed and how unhappy I've become. Just think it will be for the better, and once you start setting up and meeting your new students, all the butterflies will go away.
Testyteach is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherwriter

Old 03-30-2019, 04:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I get the feeling of "things aren't working." I've changed a bunch in the last two years. Change is hard! And sometimes I regret having done it, except that I learned so much and am a stronger teacher for it. I'm still not sure I'm in exactly the right spot, but currently I plan to re-up for next year. My strategy is to look for ways to improve the job where I'm at. You don't say what your position is or why it isn't working out. But given your concern about changing everything at once, is there a way to make some changes, big or small, in the job you're currently in? Maybe rework some units, or take some PD that refreshes you. Or maybe you could make some changes outside work--exercise, a new hobby, etc.--that makes you more satisfied at work. Hope everything goes well for you!
teacherwriter is offline   Reply With Quote

Cinderella00

Old 03-30-2019, 05:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm one of those people who need changes in what I'm doing every 5 years or so. Since I started teaching almost 30 years ago, I've made some big career changes. Each time I'm filled with new energy for what I'm doing.

I encourage you to make a change!

Cinderella00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

I wish you the best!
Old 03-30-2019, 09:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Change is really hard for me too. ( When it comes to moving states or jobs...not smaller things)
I was forced into a huge change at 1x having to do w/work and state.
Looking back, it was hard the 1st yr, but came w/ huge perks and did lead to something better.
If it is that bad where you are and you have a chance for something better, I guess you got to take the chance. The known bad or the unknown.....has a chance of being better.

Best wishes!
Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote

stephenPE

Old 03-30-2019, 09:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Quote:
I need to apply to change schools because my position is no longer working- and i'm scared about making a change and disrupting my life or family life. I haven't looked for a new job in a long time... any encouragement would be great
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....4,203,200_.jpg

Read that little book a few times and you will feel much better.......
stephenPE is offline   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Old 03-30-2019, 07:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Well...you already know that keeping things as they are is just not working. And there is a definite possibility that change would be an improvement.

It's absolutely true that there will be some effects on your life and on your family life--but those effects could also be for the better. After all, your current position and your current discontent and unhappiness are effecting your life and your family. If you are happier, that will likely rub off on your family.

Here's hoping you find just the right spot for you.
TAOEP is online now   Reply With Quote