Fourth Grade

beach theme

>

Teresa1958

Teresa1958

beach theme
Old 02-21-2007, 08:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

HELP!! Our school is doing a school wide theme for our bookfair; the idea is a bullentin board relating to a beach theme, yes, in March. Any ideas for a cute but easy B.B. my class can do ? I thought of a few titles such as ' Catch the Wave With Reading" or Ride the Waves With a Book; any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

Gitt

ideas
Old 02-21-2007, 03:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How about 'Book it to the Beach'?
Gitt is offline   Reply With Quote

lismac

Old 02-22-2007, 05:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We are doing the "Catch the Reading Wave" from Scholastic's Bookfair site. I am using this title on my board. I am making a display board/ reading center. I enlarged the shark and am having the kids decorate the surfbaord. I am using quilting foam to make large fluffy clouds, a sandy toned felt for the beach and blue metallic paper for the wave. I am buying those large pasta shells and each child is going to get to decorate one for the beach. We might have a section on our beach for E"SHELL"ENT books. I have large sandpails to use with the board and am labeling them "bucket of books" I plan on hanging beach balls, flip flops, sunglasses etc from the ceiling. A large beach towel will be laid out on the ground for reading. We will add "We are having a ball with reading!" to one section to add beach ball book reports. Can you tell I am excited about this project?!?!? ! I know this is more than you were looking for I am just so hyped on creating this scene for my class.
lismac is offline   Reply With Quote

jennchirco

Some other ideas...
Old 04-23-2007, 01:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Some idea's that I have seen implemented into a bulletin board that have to do with summer and books are "Sail away with a good book" or "Sail into a great book." These two ideas would only need a sail boat in the middle of the board and then waves of water with books floating around. Then inside the books you could have the title of some good books. Also, another idea could be titled, "Hot Days-Cool Books." All you would need to do for this is have pictures of a sun with faces on them and books in front of the faces. Then in the books you could write the titles to some good books.

Hope these ideas are useful and good luck finding the right one to fit your class.
jennchirco is offline   Reply With Quote

camp823

some ideas...
Old 04-23-2007, 02:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

"crab" a good book
the library could be called the "continental shelf"
"Sea" what we are Reading
You could have the kids bring beach towels and have a reading day.
Fishing for a good book

camp823 is offline   Reply With Quote
krystalteach

krystalteach

Fifth Grade Teacher
Old 08-17-2009, 04:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

How about "Dive into a Good Book"