Help

Sunflower Room

Template for writing/connections

>

Jeanne b

Template for writing/connections
Old 11-14-2006, 07:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have a template of paper that you let the kids use when they write about using schema or mental images. I tried to make one but it's not generic enough. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheresa

Old 11-14-2006, 07:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

http://www.itrc.ucf.edu/forpd/strategies/stratText.html

http://www.readinglady.com/mosaic/to...Organizers.doc

These may help!

Jaime-2

Hmmmm
Old 11-15-2006, 06:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My kids have little tool bags attached to their reading baskets (quart baggies held on with clothes pins). In this basket I give them little templets on cardstock for each reading stratagy as we learn it. These little templets do not get written on rather used when they record in their thinking notebook. The language/page set up in front helps record their thoughts. I

My connections one has this language (or something like this )

In the book ___________________ when I read the words _________ it made me think about __________.

The book ______ reminds me of the book ________ because ____________.

The book ______ make me think about the world issue/problem of ____________ becuase ________________.

Visual images- they write the title, make a sketch below the title then write at the bottom what the picture is of and why it was their strongest visual imag.

I also have a little retell card in their about the elements of the story

Jaime

LittleHeather

Easy Schema/Images form
Old 11-18-2006, 04:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Last year I created a form using microsoft word. First, make a table that has two columns. Next, at the top of the first column write the following sentence: "When I heard the part when. . ." and the in the second column write the following sentence: "It reminded me of . . ." When your students hear you read a story or are reading a story on their own, they can write their evidence from the text in the first column and their connection to the text in the second column.

For example, after you've read the story "Ira Sleeps Over" a student might write:

(first column) When I heard the part when. . . Ira was afraid to bring his teddy to the sleepover.

(second column) It reminded me of . . .the time when I was afraid to bring my stuffed dog to my friend's house because I thought she would make fun of it.

You can adjust this form to fit the mental images too by changingn the second column to: "It made me picture. . ."

I hope this helps. Let us know what you end up using.